Win This Year Or Else | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win This Year Or Else

FiN.in.RI said:
if we dont make noise in the playoffs this year how does wanny justify it?

edit:

injuries aside

How does the TEAM justify it you dope.

Personally I am tired of this Win Now mentality. Every year we hear from Wannstedt and the media about how we are so close to winning it all. This mentality has stopped us from drafting and playing a young QB. And before this season was the reason we didnt rebuild the O-line. While I do think this year is maybe the last year our D can play well. If we dont get to the playoffs this year Wannstedt may find a way to keep his job but I hope he doesnt have to make excuses after this year and only has to plan for a parade.

FinFan57 said:
Thanks for reading this post now because my posts usually get taken off this board very quickly. Why, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I think its becoming very apparent that this is a win or else year. We're all familiar with the many problems this offseason, including the reluctant extension for Wanny, the hiring and quitting of Dan Marino, McIntosh's premature signing announcement and then injury announcement, Ricky getting popped, McMike getting busted, and on and on and on.

Its apparent to me that either we win big this year or this group is gone. That means we find a way to sign O-Gun and we also pick up another WR.
This is a win now year, which also means that Feeley must impress in camp and the exhibition season or Fiedler gets the nod.

There's just no way this staff stands up to the onslaught of criticism from another disappointing year. Too many embarrassing moments this offseason and too many angry and unyielding fans to put with a bad or mediocre season. I think its win now or else, which will influence decisions made from here out. Spielman won't trade Wale for a future draft pick and I don't think we can go with Thompson as a 3rd WR.

One crazy idea I had was to trade Wale and Wade Smith for Samuels and Gardener. It could help us win now with a great LT and 3rd WR and it helps Washington get rid of a potential free agency problem by getting O-Gun for Samuels, and a cheap replacement at LT who is very coachable. Under the great Joe Bugel, I bet Wade Smith would do pretty well.

Of course, this deal only makes sense for us if we feel Samuels still has it and can be signed to a reasonable deal.

Whatever it takes, we've got to win this year. Wanny won't last through another disappointing season.

DT is a fine #3 WR. We won't be using many 3 WR sets, so the #3 spot isn't a top priority right now. I think that trade you offered is terrible. If anything, Samuels and Gardner for just Ogun. But I don't even like that. Some of you don't seem to realise how vital Ogun is to our defensive success. He is great with both the pass rush, and stopping the run. He's the total package. I don't want this guy to get traded. He will sign with the Fins.

As for Wanny... If we miss the playoffs again, he better be gone! No excuses this year Wanny... Win or go home.

FiN.in.RI said:
another question, how did shula justify it all those years?
When your the winningest coach in history, have taken six teams to the Superbowl and another team to the NFL Championship game before there was Superbowls, and other teams as far as Conference Championship games, you get alot more slack than a Dave Wannstedt who has accomplished nothing in this league in ten years, he was run out of Chicago for ineptitude and his time here is about to run out too.

All these "make the playoffs or be fired" and "make a deep playoff run or be fired" comments sound very, very familar. Remember last year guys. The same things were being said. If we going 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs don't be surprised to see Wanny back for 2005. With another contract extension. And maybe his GM duties back. And maybe a 15% stack in the team. And maybe a name change to Dave Wanstedt Stadium. And maybe.............

Well...I think and hope that this year will be different for the Fins and us FinFans!!! With the Pats looking as good and strong as they have...they are the obvious favorites to win the AFC East...and the whole thing...again. The Fins are not going into the season as the favorites...and I like that!!! Less pressure on this team and organization. I don't like thinking that "win this year or else." One game at a time...that's it!!! What bothers me is...the added pressure that gets put on this team...the "Decemeber Swoon"...and "Late Season Colapse." I hate talking about it and I hate reading about it...right after November that's all you hear about the Fins!!! The media down in Miami should not bring it up for once...just another game in late Novemeber and into December...that's all it is!!! This crap gets into the players heads and you can tell that they play very tentative...its like they know something bad or are waiting for something bad to happen...and once it does...its all down hill from there!!! Confidence and less pressure...I think that this year will be different for our Fins!!!

Go Fins!!!

Gary Miles said:
I hope we win every year! Why is this year any different than any of the last 38. That's what every team wants to do. :cool: . My question to all the Wanny haters is (who do you think can do a better job?) There are no proven winning head coaches available. College coaches have not been producing any Champioships as of late. Washington failed with one, Cleveland is a mess, and not going anywhere. Granted, we all want to win the SB, but, to ask for Wanny's head without a legitimate replacement is not a wise move. Many will talk of the many coordinators who "might" be the answer, but they are unproven as well. I don't disagree with the desire to win and win now, but realistically, we have a very good head coach who has a 65% winning percentage. No coach in the AFC East can claim that. Maybe Wanny should be fired if the Fins go 16-0 and lose the first playoff game. :confused: The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence, just looks that way at times. :lol:
Sorry but if you think nobody can do a better job than Wanny then you don´t know anything about football.

I'm not too hip on that trade idea: Samuels is, from all accounts, on a rapid downturn, and Rod Gardner is, IMO, too streaky to be counted as a value pickup.

Back
Top Bottom