With Alabama Losing...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Alabama Losing......

Ricky'sWeinerBong

Tony Jabroni
Reaction score
would a team like Boise or even Oregon get a shot if they run the table? Im hoping Ohio St loses at some point so if one of these other smaller programs is undefeated they actually get a shot.

My biggest hope is that Oregon does their yearly choke and that Michigan State, Michigan or Wisconsin trips up Ohio State.

I want nothing more than to see TCU and Boise finish unbeaten and see the ways the BCS will find to shaft them. It's a joke.

My biggest hope is that Oregon does their yearly choke and that Michigan State, Michigan or Wisconsin trips up Ohio State.

I want nothing more than to see TCU and Boise finish unbeaten and see the ways the BCS will find to shaft them. It's a joke.
It wouldnt be shafting anyone...Boise doesnt play anyone. Bama just showed what can happen with a real schedule...you can run into a team that just has everything clicking that day and they beat you. Boise plays one mediocre ACC team and Oregon State and then the next toughest team they play is Nevada. They literally couldnt lose another game if they wanted to. If they come out flat one game, it doesnt matter. Their opponents having a great day wont even phase them. That schedule should be taken into consideration when you have a 1 loss team from the SEC or Boise. If Bama played the schedule Boise plays there no way in hell they would lose a game.

There's a couple of high schools in Alabama and Texas that play tougher
schedules than TCU or a WAC schedule.

It wouldnt be shafting anyone...Boise doesnt play anyone. Bama just showed what can happen with a real schedule...you can run into a team that just has everything clicking that day and they beat you. Boise plays one mediocre ACC team and Oregon State and then the next toughest team they play is Nevada. They literally couldnt lose another game if they wanted to. If they come out flat one game, it doesnt matter. Their opponents having a great day wont even phase them. That schedule should be taken into consideration when you have a 1 loss team from the SEC or Boise. If Bama played the schedule Boise plays there no way in hell they would lose a game.

I don't disagree with you about the schedule Boise St. and TCU play. However, I also think the system as a whole is flawed where a team can't get a chance to play for the national title despite an unbeaten season.

Using the college basketball analogy... Butler last season took the college basketball landscape by storm. Their conference schedule couldn't TOUCH the one played by Michigan State, Duke or any of the heavy hitters.

Under the BCS format, Butler would have never gotten so much as a CHANCE to prove they could hang with the big dogs.

I fault the system.

I don't disagree with you about the schedule Boise St. and TCU play. However, I also think the system as a whole is flawed where a team can't get a chance to play for the national title despite an unbeaten season.

Using the college basketball analogy... Butler last season took the college basketball landscape by storm. Their conference schedule couldn't TOUCH the one played by Michigan State, Duke or any of the heavy hitters.

Under the BCS format, Butler would have never gotten so much as a CHANCE to prove they could hang with the big dogs.

I fault the system.

But if you go to a playoff system..
How do you determine who goes to the playoffs?By playing a schedule like Boise
St and TCU? You are back to the original
problem.

Well, if they went to an 8 team playoff format, undefeated teams like Boise would definitely get a shot I would think. Wishful thinking though. We arent gonna see a playoff anytime soon. It sucks for Boise...its not that I dont think they deserve a shot, its just that other teams deserve the benefit of the doubt under the BCS system.

I don't think MSU and Ohio State play each other this year. Regardless, if Boise State or TCU run the table and go undefeated then they deserve to play in the National Title game. Everyone talks about Boise's schedule, but it's not as if they have the power to magically make the WAC conference better. It is what it is. Don't punish them for playing in a lackluster conference.

Before the season everybody wanted too see the following things from Boise.

- Beat Virginia Tech. Check.

- Beat Oregon State. Check.

- Blowout conference foes by a wide margin. So far, so good.

What more do you want? If you SEC and BCS honks have the magical ability to change the level of play in the WAC then by all means do it. Otherwise, Boise is doing exactly what they have to do in order to remain in the conversation. Yes, the James Madison loss puts a damper on the win over Va Tech, but lately it seems Beamer and the boys are righting that ship and could become players again for the ACC Title. Oregon State just took down a top ten program in Arizona, that same Arizona team that took Iowa to the woodshed. If Va Tech and Oregon State continue to win and look good that makes Boise's case for a shot at the title even more convincing.

Boise beat Oklahoma and still gets no respect.
It says a lot about them that they can beat good teams. Im not trying to say Boise is garbage, because they clearly arent. All Im saying is that they play one, maybe two losable games all year. You cant do that and expect to be held in the same regard as a team that plays 5 or 6 games against real opponents. Its hard to be on your game every single week.

It says a lot about them that they can beat good teams. Im not trying to say Boise is garbage, because they clearly arent. All Im saying is that they play one, maybe two losable games all year. You cant do that and expect to be held in the same regard as a team that plays 5 or 6 games against real opponents. Its hard to be on your game every single week.

Problem is NOBODY wants to play Boise. They see what happens to Oklahoma, Oregon, and more recently Virginia Tech. Boise tries to get AQ conference teams to do a home and home series all the time and they always back out or just want to do a "neutral site" game. Hell, Utah backed out of a series with Boise State so they could continue their rivalry with Dorkwuss U.

On one hand BSU is a non-AQ team. On the other hand, people always say elite team X would go undefeated with that schedule. So what does that make BSU? In my opinion, it makes them an elite team since the comparison has already been made by all the naysayers.

They now own the longest winning streak in Division 1 football. The last time they lost was in 2008, after an undefeated regular season, to TCU. The same TCU they beat last year.

They're now on course for their 4th undefeated regular season in 5 years. Think about that. How hard is it to do that, even with cream puffs? When was the last time this was accomplished in any division of college football?

But they'll always be unworthy to some. They just don't jibe with the hundred-year-long-plus tradition of college football. They're the new guy in the company who wants the top spot and damn the seniority. All they can do is keep proving themselves. Again, again, again and again. Until Mark May and Craig James wipe those **** eating smirks off their faces.

Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand BSU is a non-AQ team. On the other hand, people always say elite team X would go undefeated with that schedule. So what does that make BSU? In my opinion, it makes them an elite team since the comparison has already been made by all the naysayers.

They now own the longest winning streak in Division 1 football. The last time they lost was in 2008, after an undefeated regular season, to TCU. The same TCU they beat last year.

They're now on course for their 4th undefeated regular season in 5 years. Think about that. How hard is it to do that, even with cream puffs? When was the last time this was accomplished in any division of college football?

But they'll always be unworthy to some. They just don't jibe with the hundred-year-long-plus tradition of college football. They're the new guy in the company who wants the top spot and damn the seniority. All they can do is keep proving themselves. Again, again, again and again. Until Mark May and Craig James wipe those **** eating smirks off their faces.

Preach on!

I really dont know the answer to this but could Boise St. have moved to the Pac-10 if they wanted to with the recent shuffles.

Back
Top Bottom