With All The Safeties Being Cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With All The Safeties Being Cut

Another reason why I would be really hesitant to give Holland a second contract

None of these guys are elite talent atleast anymore. Holland is a top 3 safety. I’d still pay and I’d probably take advantage of this offseason and do it now as the market is saturated and value is down. At some point we have to retain our own.

None of these guys are elite talent atleast anymore. Holland is a top 3 safety. I’d still pay and I’d probably take advantage of this offseason and do it now as the market is saturated and value is down. At some point we have to retain our own.
He hasn’t played as a top three safety.

Kamren Curl is the guy I'm hopeful, Miami can work deal with. He's young and a good all around safety. But he'd unfortunately count against the Comp Pick formula.

Kyle Dugger (13 mil per)
Jeremy Chinn (probably looking for $10 mil per)
Rayshawn Jenkins ($7 mil per)

Those are reasonable contracts

Last edited:
I wish we could just wait and see what happens in the offseason instead of the neverending doom and gloom in advance by some here.

Can Miami find a solid vet S to pair with Holland on the cheap?

I am not sure what kind of S Weaver would like back there as Baltimore has had a GREAT rangy FS as well as more physical types.

It looks like S is going the way of RB in that teams have realized it does no make sense to pay most of them.Simmons, Byard and Adams are all guys who got market setting deals at one point and were legit studs as well, maybe Miami can get one on a one year cheap deal.
Showing my age here.

I recall drafting CB's and when the CB was too stiff/slow whatever but could tackle they were moved to safety. Seems like there would be a good supply of them since Parcells planet theory would not be a factor.

Kyle Dugger for NE? Their stud safety got cut?

I’m I reading that wrong?

He hasn’t played as a top three safety.

Graded out to be 3rd and 4th overall safety in 2021 and 2023. Had a down year in 2022 but overall he has in fact played as a top safety.

Attachments

• IMG_7769.png
    IMG_7769.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7770.png
    IMG_7770.png
    88 KB · Views: 4
Mayhaps Holland will be a draft day trade?
Great, that would mean they would have no starting safeties on the roster. At the present time, Holland is the only safety on the active roster. I think keeping him for the 2024 season would be the better decision.

Back
Top Bottom