With Pick #194 Miami Selects DT Vincent Taylor Oklahoma St | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Pick #194 Miami Selects DT Vincent Taylor Oklahoma St

PFF had him going 59 in their mock draft. Their reasoning:

[TWEET]854771272454209536[/TWEET]

Good to see them developing depth at DT. I don't see this as a message to Phillips.

I'm sure doubling down on DTs probably does indicate that they are not banking on Phillips, but on the other hand, who do we have after Suh/Phillips at DT right now?

So it was a position we needed to address.

the only pick I don't like was the Charles Harris pick. We have two good DTs now, a good LB, a good #2 CB. We just need a Safety now.

No traded picks? No wasted picks? WTF is going on around here (in my best Vince Lombardi voice)?

was just gonna say Phillips is on NOTICE!!!! holy **** he gotta be calling his Agent now like WTF

The message to Phillips was us cutting Earl Mitchel, giving him the starting job. Drafting a DT in the 5th round and the 6th round isn't a notice to him. We had zero back ups on our roster as of now, and even Suh only played 86% of snaps last year.

Wouldnt say Phillips is on notice as much as we needed depth. By the end of the year Nick Williams, at 275 pounds, was our primary back hp at DT. Another run studfer was needed

I'm sure doubling down on DTs probably does indicate that they are not banking on Phillips, but on the other hand, who do we have after Suh/Phillips at DT right now?

So it was a position we needed to address.

I think they've handled the DT situation quite well. Gives Phillips his vital 3rd year and if he doesn't pan out, they have some quality developmental talent to move on to. Ideally, we have a good rotation with fresh DTs out there all game.

Miami is being proactive for once? Holy schnikies...

I think they've handled the DT situation quite well. Gives Phillips his vital 3rd year and if he doesn't pan out, they have some quality developmental talent to move on to. Ideally, we have a good rotation with fresh DTs out there all game.

Miami is being proactive for once? Holy schnikies...

Alot of **** towards Grier and Tannebaum, but they've had to drafts that added talent to a team that lacked some..

Alot of **** towards Grier and Tannebaum, but they've had to drafts that added talent to a team that lacked some..

Hey, I've been a huge critic of T-bum, but if this was his work, kudos. May be hope for him yet. Honestly, I think it was more Grier's work. A lot of value in the picks, which points towards scouting. But, I'll still give them both credit.

Back
Top Bottom