With Pick #194 Miami Selects DT Vincent Taylor Oklahoma St | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Pick #194 Miami Selects DT Vincent Taylor Oklahoma St

Fede is just OK. He hasn't progressed since his first year, that's the biggest problem. He may have some competition for a roster spot with some of the UDFA DE's.

Hey, I've been a huge critic of T-bum, but if this was his work, kudos. May be hope for him yet. Honestly, I think it was more Grier's work. A lot of value in the picks, which points towards scouting. But, I'll still give them both credit.

Honestly, even if it's mostly Grier, Tannenbaum deserves some credit for knowing what he doesn't know and deferring to scouting.

Didn't know anything about Taylor before we drafted him. He seems like a very intelligent guy. I could be wrong because big guys sometimes look like him, but he looks a little out of shape to me. I can't wait until he gets in and starts working out, etc. He has a chance. Hopefully he will make the most out of it.

The chances that both of these draft picks making the 53 man roster is pretty slim. The chances that both make the active 45 is even slimmer. We will be lucky to get one of them to be a rotational DT for the season.

Ndamukong Suh: Lock for 80% of the snaps. That's a huge number for a big man. he played 84% last year (973) but we may be better off keeping him fresh and cutting that number down to 75%. He isn't getting any younger.

DeForest Buckner (22 yrs old) led the league for interior DL @ 87.4% of the snaps last year (1,006 snaps). Suh was second in the league at 30 yrs old. Olivier Vernon led all DLmen at 1,040 snaps.

(Interesting fact: During a 60 minute NFL game, a lineman can lose up to 9 lbs of water weight.)

Our #2 DT (Phillips) played 54% of the snaps and was ineffective when asked to play too much in a game. The coaching staff insists he get his snap count up this year. he had better be in the best shape of his life if they want to get him up to 65%.

Behind our starters we have.....

Nick Williams (6'4 309) who played 46 snaps out of desperation. That amounts to his career total as a former 7th round pick.

Lawrence Okoye (6'6 304): has never played an NFL snap since coming into the league in 2013. He never played a down of HS or college football in his life but ran a 4.78 40 and a 36" vertical. He is a former discus thrower.

Davon Godchaux (6'3 310): 5th round rookie
Vincent Taylor (6'-2 1/2 304): 6th round rookie

Is anyone really counting on any two of these four guys to be active this year and contribute in a meaningful way?

The FO will HAVE to sign a veteran free agent very soon, IMO. With any luck, that FA will be the #3 DT and one of the rookies (likely Godchaux) will be the #4 DT to help give rest to the other 3.

If a miracle happens, both rookies will just blow up camp and earn active roster spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom