With Pick #237 Miami selects WR Isaiah Ford VT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Pick #237 Miami selects WR Isaiah Ford VT

Makes no sense to me how some of the players that fell to Miami were on the board.

When did the Dolphins start trolling the rest of the league on draft day.....I'm baffled. They're building a football team down there.

Certainly wasn't expecting a wide receiver, but you go where the talent takes you. Sounds like he's someone who could make the roster and that's saying a lot considering the competition at the wide receiver spot. Can he return kicks?

Makes no sense to me how some of the players that fell to Miami were on the board.

When did the Dolphins start trolling the rest of the league on draft day.....I'm baffled. They're building a football team down there.

No kidding. Harris and Godchaux are the only head scratchers for me. I would've traded out of that first round pick and got Walker before Denver did ... I'd like to know the details of the trades offered for that pick. Then I would've stayed pat in the 5th and picked up Gerry where Philly did. But all in all probably the best draft I've ever seen the dolphins make. I'm usually black out drunk right about now contemplating why I like the teams I do. Sober and happy. Feels weird.

My thoughts exactly. Isaiah Ford can flat out play and I don't care what he ran the 40 in. He can get open, he can run routes, and he can catch. I have zero doubt he makes the roster, and he'll see some game time. VT has a solid history of producing WR's and if I'm not mistaken he's their all-time leader in receiving years and the only one to ever eclipse 1,000 yards in a season, and he did it twice. And until this year, his QB's were at best mediocre.

Anyone hear the talking heads on NFLN ragging on the fan who came out to announce the pick? Saying "there's no Miami nation", et al? Real classy, guys.

No kidding. Harris and Godchaux are the only head scratchers for me. I would've traded out of that first round pick and got Walker before Denver did ... I'd like to know the details of the trades offered for that pick. Then I would've stayed pat in the 5th and picked up Gerry where Philly did. But all in all probably the best draft I've ever seen the dolphins make. I'm usually black out drunk right about now contemplating why I like the teams I do. Sober and happy. Feels weird.

Yep, for today the Godchaux pick is the one that i wouldn't have made. I figured Nacua or Orion Stewart might be the way they would go. Still quite a few players out there that can make a roster as UDFA's if they can sign em.

[video=youtube_share;Jc6_c89dLrk]https://youtu.be/Jc6_c89dLrk[/video]

Guys, Isaiah Ford is a straight up baller he made very average QB's look good. I watched all the Hokies games, as both my girls graduated from VT Absolute steal in 7th Rd

I'm impressed both by the discipline of the FO in waiting for the board to fall to them despite the fact they clearly loved some of these young guys and by the simplicity of the picks. I mean simplicity in a good way. Just making logical picks and not trying to outsmart themselves.

If you take a look at the contracts thread, you'll see Tannanbaum went for a different contract approach this year. I don't necessarily love it, but it's a great thing he's open to new ways of doing things. What about going for the home-run signing? He hasn't indulged in that since Suh. And now in the draft, again we see a different approach from the one he's favored all his career.

To me that means he's being a team player and allowing others to be a positive influence. My money is on Gase being that guy. No approach is going to be perfect, but it doesn't have to. A solid, simple, logical way of doing things will give great results in this league -trust me, a lot of teams go about their business in convoluted ways that make no sense from a practical point of view (big organization malady). We've been there for a long time ourselves. It's great to finally see teamwork and common sense prevail.

IMG_0224.jpg
Ford was the 4th highest receiver rated by Optimum Scouting. 2nd round grade.

Anyone hear the talking heads on NFLN ragging on the fan who came out to announce the pick? Saying "there's no Miami nation", et al? Real classy, guys.

Its kind of hard to argue that point considering that our fans travel extremely well. Not to mention our LA and NY fans.

Its kind of hard to argue that point considering that our fans travel extremely well. Not to mention our LA and NY fans.

Nope, because I don't watch that **** channel. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom