With talk of current team heading to L.A heating up.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With talk of current team heading to L.A heating up..

So were the Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Colts, Los Angeles Rams, Houston Oilers, and Cleveland Browns.

That's a good point, but when the owner of the team also owns the stadium...your team isn't going anywhere.

Does anybody here think that there is any chance in hell that the Dolphins get move to Los Angeles? I'd have to say no. We are one of the NFL's most storied franchises and even though are popularity has dropped dramatically over the last 15 years I would have to say that the chances of the Miami Dolphins getting moved out west is less than 5%...

orly__ruserious-1.jpg

the dolphins are pretty secure

the stadium situation is good once the marlins leave

they usually sell out there games for the most part

LA is definately getting a team. Now, which team thats going to move there is the million dollar question. From all I can gather, the Jaguars at present time are the number one team to move. If Ralph Wilson dies, then it will be Buffalo as Canada is not interested in having an American football team within its boundaries and will not spend the money needed. Goodell just about told the Jacksonville fans in pre season when he had a town meeting type of thingy down there. ' The NFL wants the team to stay in Jacksonvilled because we made a committment so we are asking the fans to show up at the games this year and support the Jaguars. " That statement, if read between the lines is, " Jaguars sell a lot of tickets or they are moving out folks " Jacguars lease is tied directly into attendance to home games. If it drops off, which it did in 2009 and x amount of seats are not sold for x amount of years, the owner can get out of the lease without penalty. So far this season, Jacksonvilled has been selling a lot of tickets, it seems the fans listened to Goodell and do not want to lose the team.

. Funny thing is, Stan Kroenke, the new majority owner of the St. Louis Rams IS on the LA Stadium committee. Coincidence ?

One team to keep an eye on for LA is the Vikings. They were looking for funding to build a new stadium, but it got voted down. They may be looking to move.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the Jags being moved and that's about it. If Al Davis ever dies, I know it sounds mean, the Raiders might go back. But we shall see.

If P. Diddy is serious about bringing a team to L.A. I have a feeling he will push for an entirely new team as opposed to a team being moved there.

That's a good point, but when the owner of the team also owns the stadium...your team isn't going anywhere.

I don't think the Dolphins are going anywhere, but I'm just making a point that the owners don't really care about a teams history in a certain city. If the price is right, they will pick up and go.

Back
Top Bottom