With the 12th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 12th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select....

Who Should Miami Take in the 1st Round?

• Dez Bryant

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Rolando McClain

Votes: 46 45.5%
  • Brandon Spikes

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Lets get drunk and put names in a hat

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Tebow

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
In 12 drafts with the Patsies, Jets and Cowboys Parcells drafted 1 WR in the 1st round (Terry Glenn) and we know what that led to because it was not what he wanted but was over ruled. In 93 and 94 he drafted Vincent Brisby and Kevin Lee in the 2nd round. That is it for WR's in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. I don't think you'll see the Phins pick a WR early. I think they will address it through free agency with a lower tier WR. Front 7 on defense will be the focus imo.

Only the Chiefs, Giants, Rams, Titans, Lions, and Bucs allowed more points than us this season. Our defense was pathetic. If we don't draft defense in the first round this year, we deserve to lose every game we play next year. You can't have that glaring a hole on your team and simply not address it.

Is anyone paying attention to what is going on in the coaching staff?

Without even knowing the talent available, you determine Bryant the choice. :facepalm:

We'll im no draft scout man, but I know we cleary need a big #1 receiver, and what little I've seen from Bryant, I would be satisfied if he was our pick in the 1st round. LB would be fine with me too. But D-line in the 1st would be a mistake. We have a good line, need to work on filling the obvious holes first. This may all change once FA signings start progressing... looong way to draft time.

I dont care as long as its Defense. but i would rather see a FS than a NT or LB.

Why would you put Tebow no there? that just seems stupid, you might as well have an option for every player in college if you think there is a chance we take a crappy QB/TE in the first round.

I have a feeling it will be Sergio Kindle. I'd like us to sign Dansby as a FA and draft Kindle with our 1st pick. Then in the 2nd round draft a WR like Arrelious Benn from Illinois if he's available.

LOL at get drunk and pull a name. Is that how we got stuck with Ginn??

we are going after defense folks, when you blow 4th qtr leads left and right they way we did last year the defense needs help big time, henne was able to move the ball with the wr's we had, we will get a wr in the later rounds but not with pick 12

I think it is either McClain, Bryant or we trade down a couple spots for an extra pick....anyone at the 12th spot could be around at the 20th spot as well.

I think we gotta see what other changes come to the coaching staff. We don't want to draft somebody that doesn't fit the staff's view.

miami will shock the nfl and pick bryant............

I dont care as long as its Defense. but i would rather see a FS than a NT or LB.

Why would you put Tebow no there? that just seems stupid, you might as well have an option for every player in college if you think there is a chance we take a crappy QB/TE in the first round.

Hahahaha sorry man but if you don't see that as the obvious joke it is, I worry for you. Notice how Tebow was listed as the option AFTER "Get drunk and pull names from a hat." Just some good old fun to lighten up the mood in the somber Fin Heaven atmosphere of late.

Many of our issues on D stemmed from PP - not saying that we don't need help, but our players never had a fighting chance.

Also, let's just say - for the sake of argument - that all or our issues on D were due to a lack of talent: Would you pass on a star WR for a pretty good ILB? I wouldn't. In the 1st, you have to draft great players. D. Bryant will demand double teams and make game-changing plays. McClain will be solid.

Also, if McClain is available (doubt he will be), he may not be the best ILB available (not convinced he's better than Spikes), and I'm pretty sure that he won't be the best defensive player available (C. Dunlap will probably be there).

I don't get the love affair with McClain.

Back
Top Bottom