With the 9th overall selection the fins should take... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th overall selection the fins should take...

NJdolphan42

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dwayne Jarrett (if he runs around a high 4.5 low 4.6) or Gaines adams if either are still there...i was a big lets go get Brohm even tho i love cpep but obviosuly that plan is scraped...if you take a look at our team and the draft no other position/player will be worthy of the 9th overall pick. Yes we could debate trading down/up but im assuming we stand pat as of now. The reasons for taking either jarrett or gaines should they be there are simple. First for all the people who rightly so want the oline upgraded: Its not happening without a trade down. With only joe thomas a top talent and levi brown not even close to worthy (value wise) at number 9 oline is a seconrd/3rd rd priority...For people screaming about the secondary u may possibly have something if you favor laron landry...however two safteys in two yrs may b a stretch even with the possiblity of allen going to corner (god another switch back for him thatll be a fast development)...and im sorry but leon hall is at best a solid prospect (i have watched him extensively he is not as bad as everyone says just from the usc thrashing he took but he also isnt a "ty law" clone as some pundits claim). let me state however that hall/levi brown could turn out to be probowlers im simply stating need v.s value. That being said selecting a Gaines adams would work on many levels....first having him on the other side of taylor combined with the rest of our front seven (minus traylor and im guessing holiday too expensive carter will restructure i hope) will be an unreal pass rush. He will serve as an eventual replacement for taylor (just typing a sentence suggesting taylor will eventually retire is scary) and his added pass rush will take even more pressure off a young and still developing secondary (which should be addressed on first day of draft) it also adds to the young overall core we could see develop on D of Roth/Crowder/Adams/Daniels/Allen/R.Wright...As far as Jarrett goes hes a stud....period. He isnt "Mike williams reborn" he is a more athletic version of a young keyshawn. let welker go (ill get comments for that and i love wes but with jarrett were stacked at wr and hell be too costly plus i feel safer having booker ease jarretts transition) our WR corps will be Chambers/Jarrett/Booker/Hagan/Vick with mcmike hopefully not beating his wife and rejuventated by cam's offense...Jarrett would also combine with a healthy cpep and williams to give this offense POTENTIALLY 3 impact upper tier players at each skill postion...that just my opinion id be estatic with either one as well as a FA push at clements and or Steinbach probably either or not both for cap reasons...tell me what you think...IN CAM WE TRUST:dolphins:

Man ronnie runs faster than jarrett im glad we have a future pro-bowler on our team stop bashing ronnie and duante.

Dwayne Jarrett (if he runs around a high 4.5 low 4.6) or Gaines adams if either are still there...i was a big lets go get Brohm even tho i love cpep but obviosuly that plan is scraped...if you take a look at our team and the draft no other position/player will be worthy of the 9th overall pick. Yes we could debate trading down/up but im assuming we stand pat as of now. The reasons for taking either jarrett or gaines should they be there are simple. First for all the people who rightly so want the oline upgraded: Its not happening without a trade down. With only joe thomas a top talent and levi brown not even close to worthy (value wise) at number 9 oline is a seconrd/3rd rd priority...For people screaming about the secondary u may possibly have something if you favor laron landry...however two safteys in two yrs may b a stretch even with the possiblity of allen going to corner (god another switch back for him thatll be a fast development)...and im sorry but leon hall is at best a solid prospect (i have watched him extensively he is not as bad as everyone says just from the usc thrashing he took but he also isnt a "ty law" clone as some pundits claim). let me state however that hall/levi brown could turn out to be probowlers im simply stating need v.s value. That being said selecting a Gaines adams would work on many levels....first having him on the other side of taylor combined with the rest of our front seven (minus traylor and im guessing holiday too expensive carter will restructure i hope) will be an unreal pass rush. He will serve as an eventual replacement for taylor (just typing a sentence suggesting taylor will eventually retire is scary) and his added pass rush will take even more pressure off a young and still developing secondary (which should be addressed on first day of draft) it also adds to the young overall core we could see develop on D of Roth/Crowder/Adams/Daniels/Allen/R.Wright...As far as Jarrett goes hes a stud....period. He isnt "Mike williams reborn" he is a more athletic version of a young keyshawn. let welker go (ill get comments for that and i love wes but with jarrett were stacked at wr and hell be too costly plus i feel safer having booker ease jarretts transition) our WR corps will be Chambers/Jarrett/Booker/Hagan/Vick with mcmike hopefully not beating his wife and rejuventated by cam's offense...Jarrett would also combine with a healthy cpep and williams to give this offense POTENTIALLY 3 impact upper tier players at each skill postion...that just my opinion id be estatic with either one as well as a FA push at clements and or Steinbach probably either or not both for cap reasons...tell me what you think...IN CAM WE TRUST:dolphins:

WR would be a luxery pick for the phins IMHO. Yes you are lacking on offense and your O was plan boring. But that could also be because of your lack of talent calling the plays as much of perception of lack of talent on the field. I think with pick 9 there are only a couple options open for you.

A QB if Quinn does slip he is a must draft
A CB Hall is there gotta get some playmakers at Corner
A LT NO QB will succeed with no line

Now maybes

LB - Need one and you are not getting any younger on D
Safety - I think Allen was a mistake and will be playing corner if anything

If you cannot touch any of those top 3 then Trade Down pick up more picks and help both the offense and aging defensive depth.

I've watched the games of Jarrett and Ginn. Ted Ginn, Jr is fantastically faster. I'd rather have him. If I had any say I would draft him if he's available and a LT in the second round, like Joe Staley or Ryan Harris. Third I go LB. Fourth I draft a project QB. The rest of the rounds I draft the most talented players.

My (dream) projection:

1. Ted Ginn, Jr.
2. Joe Staley
3. Steward Bradley
4. Trent Edwards
5. -
6. BPA
7. BPA

WR would be a luxery pick for the phins IMHO. Yes you are lacking on offense and your O was plan boring. But that could also be because of your lack of talent calling the plays as much of perception of lack of talent on the field. I think with pick 9 there are only a couple options open for you.

Now maybes

If you cannot touch any of those top 3 then Trade Down pick up more picks and help both the offense and aging defensive depth.

Nobody knows anything about Allen. He's not limited physically, and with another (full) offseason, and/or a simplified defense he could start at any position in the secondary.

I like Ginn, unless someone else takes a big drop.

I think Adams could be there.

If you look at the picks this year Peterson, Quinn, Russell, Thomas, and Johnson should be picked before our pick.

The Redskins are in the driver's seat for determining this draft similarly to how the Raiders did last year with Huff.

The Redskins need a pass rusher desperately but also need to stop the run. I think they'll go with Jamaal Anderson at 6 and that will have a monumental effect upon the 7th pick belonging to the Vikings. The Vikings have a couple decent pass rushers and Erasmus James who plays RE is returning this year. However, they would prefer a LE which Gaines Adams is not. Thus I think Dwayne Jarrett makes sense for the Vikings and will be picked at seven unless there is a trade. I don't quite see it happening as of now but say Jarrett does go at 7, the Houston Texans at the 8 spot have an interesting decision. More than likely they won't go with Gaines Adams though and if I had to predict it I would say that they might go with Branch.

That means that Gaines Adams has a legit shot at being picked by us. Either our new SLB or successor to J.T.

Now maybes

with no disrepect to you i don't think you are close with any of your assumptions about our team starting with brady quinn,not realistic at 9 and we don't need him,daunte is going to be a healthy 29 year old quarterback,two,are defense is set including the secondary,we definately have more pressing needs than that and three there will not be a left tackle thats worthy of the ninth pick besides thomas,you should know that.

The majority of our fans know what we need,

The player that would have the most dynamic effect on our team is Tedd Ginn Jr.and i'll give you three beautiful reasons why he has incredible value to us at 9,

1}His gamebreaking speed and ability is something we've never had in this organization,the ability to take a hitch route to the house.

2}Ginn's presense and speed will stretch the defense and open things up for Mr. ronnie brown,take the 8th guy out of the box and you have a very dangerous running back,elementary watson, elementary,,,i feel sorry for the rest of the league!! especially bills fans.

3]Ginn will be our explosive punt and kick returner,need i say more about that. He was one of the best college football has ever seen.

No one can convince there is a more valuable pick than this guy

I think LT is our biggest need, but one won't be available at #9 that is worth the pick. So, I would take T. Ginn. He is a luxury, but we need speed on offense and that is a glaring weakness. He can take a reverse and go the distance, a short pass, etc. He is simply too much talent. He is a mix of Hester and Bush, which says a lot to me.

Man ronnie runs faster than jarrett im glad we have a future pro-bowler on our team stop bashing ronnie and duante.

I wont stop bashing Duante until he proves something....Ronnie has aleady done that.

Jesus H Christ.

Ted Ginn is FAST. He's not even statistically the best punt returner this year, the best kick returner, in terms of yards OR touchdowns. He has mediocre hands and his route running isnt even up to par with Santonio Holmes, who was a low first round pick.

You people think he'll be a great pick at #9?

And why would Jarret have to run a 4.5x to prove he's worth the #9 overall? You guys seem to think the NFL draft is like Madden 2007. " Oh he's fast, big size, and good shuttle! Gotta draft him! Need more picks time to trade away McMichael for a.. uh.. 2nd round pick! yeah! "

edit: The guy behind me summed it up perfectly.

Jarret is a LOT like Keyshawn Johnson, while Ginn is drawing comparisons to Troy Williamson.. hummm..

They should draft Amobi Okoye the defensive tackle from Louisville who is only 19 years old right now he is dominant at that age imagine how good he will be in 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom