With the 9th overall selection the fins should take... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th overall selection the fins should take...

I think what people fail to think about are where the strengths of the draft lie. WR and DB is actually pretty deep this year and quality guys can be had likely well into the 2nd and maybe 3rd round. OL is not very deep. DE and DL has quite a few guys that will likely hit the first round. So in my mind you have to take the biggest value pick. I think we have a lot of major needs including OL, DB, QB, DL, and LB. Sounds like a lot and it is, which is why we went 6-10. My only wish is we take the BPA and not a specific need because one guy is not going to make us Superbowl contenders. We need to look at this as at least a 2 if not 3 year process. The Pats do it every year and they contend almost every year (yeah I know Brady helps). Go figure.

BPA. We have so many needs, the spots where we don't have needs are RB. And it's safe to say we won't be picking TE, C, OG, or FB @ 9 so whoever is highest on our board when we pick at #9 whether it's a QB, WR, OT, DE, DT, NT, OLB, ILB, S, or CB is who we should pick. While WR isn't our most pressing need it is our most depressing because of all the talent Chambers has and all the drops from him and our other receivers. I hope Hagan can produce next season and these guys play like they want to win and make a play.

We have a shot at Quinn and if he falls we NEED to take him. I have no problem going D if the premiere offensive guys are gone, but our D was one of the best, and the O one of the worst-where might we ought to spend a few high round picks ...
Our D isnt as old as everyone keeps saying really. The secondary is very young now, we have Crowder and Roth as emerging young studs, and 4 young late round D-Linemen. Aside from Zach, JT, Carter and Holliday (the last 2 we will likley lose at least 1 in FA) who exactly is aging us so badly? And both JT and ZT have some good time left. Its not like the D is gonna burn out overnight.

You draft the offense early and solidify the talent there. Then patch in some lower round type guys for D-Depth and for learning under guys like ZT/JT then in 3-4 years when the D really needs help draft some D high.

And man I dunno why everyone keeps harping on Leon Hall. The guy got just TORCHED in his 2 biggest games (by Ginn and Jarrett coincidentally). My friend is HUGE michigan fan is deathly afraid of us taking him-he got abused by USC and OU.

But we need to look at QB first, then look to see if Ginn/Jarrett is worth a 9. If not, we could then take D maybe. Our biggest issue is lack of top 10 O talent, but IF there is an offensive guy worthy of the pick we NEED to take them!

i think we'll be going for a wr cause of coach cameron.
1st dwayne jarrett
2nd Ryan harris
the FAs this year on defense are awsum and there's very little on offense so spend first 2 rounds on Offense.

coach cameron is the long term answer

from the buckeye state ill take ted ginn he could be our devin hester return punts and kicks and be our # 1 wr!

To answer the original question of the thread.........best player available outside of RB......y'all can use help at any position........#9 would be a good spot for a WR or CB

With no disrespect to you, I don't think you are close with any of your assumptions either. No one knows if Daunte is going to be healthy, and even if he is no one knows if he will magically transform back his 2004 form. He may be 29 (30 in a few weeks) but he is entering his ninth season and has had multiple knee surgeries. He is no spring chicken and QB is an obvious area of concern looking forward.

The defense is not "set". It is quite old and needs to be restocked with young talent. They were a great unit last year and likely will be next year as well, but after that I am skeptical. And I would list secondary as another one of the primary areas of concern on this team. It certainly isn't "set".
hey crowder its like chess man,you gotta think on many Different levels to attack,let me explain for ya,our defense is'nt as old as you think and we have some nice young talent to make some moves,also is a prime area for free agency,adalius or briggs would be nice and not farfetched either,take care of the outside linebacker position and i would be happy with our D.

Other glaring need is oline,joe thomas is not going to be there so who do you want to take?,probably the second best position to look for a free agent,not so farfetched,if were 15 to 20 mill under the cap we can afford a stud defensive player and a upgrade on oline.

On to the quarterback position,to just disregard daunte and draft some phantom QB thats not going to be there at no. 9 is not reality,quinn and russell our going to be gone,how bout we take the kid from hawaii would that satisfy your need to take a qb,lets just let daunte go ,sure man that makes sense,sorry, your assumptions of my assumptions are weak,CHECK MATE

Jesus H Christ.

Ted Ginn is FAST. He's not even statistically the best punt returner this year, the best kick returner, in terms of yards OR touchdowns. He has mediocre hands and his route running isnt even up to par with Santonio Holmes, who was a low first round pick.

You people think he'll be a great pick at #9?

And why would Jarret have to run a 4.5x to prove he's worth the #9 overall? You guys seem to think the NFL draft is like Madden 2007. " Oh he's fast, big size, and good shuttle! Gotta draft him! Need more picks time to trade away McMichael for a.. uh.. 2nd round pick! yeah! "

edit: The guy behind me summed it up perfectly.

Jarret is a LOT like Keyshawn Johnson, while Ginn is drawing comparisons to Troy Williamson.. hummm..

jarret is a possesion receiver while ginn is a gamebreaker. big difference.

To answer the original question of the thread.........best player available outside of RB......y'all can use help at any position........#9 would be a good spot for a WR or CB

not CB...S

Jason Allen should play CB

I like Reggie Nelson

hey crowder its like chess man,you gotta think on many Different levels to attack,let me explain for ya,our defense is'nt as old as you think and we have some nice young talent to make some moves,also is a prime area for free agency,adalius or briggs would be nice and not farfetched either,take care of the outside linebacker position and i would be happy with our D.

Other glaring need is oline,joe thomas is not going to be there so who do you want to take?,probably the second best position to look for a free agent,not so farfetched,if were 15 to 20 mill under the cap we can afford a stud defensive player and a upgrade on oline.

On to the quarterback position,to just disregard daunte and draft some phantom QB thats not going to be there at no. 9 is not reality,quinn and russell our going to be gone,how bout we take the kid from hawaii would that satisfy your need to take a qb,lets just let daunte go ,sure man that makes sense,sorry, your assumptions of my assumptions are weak,CHECK MATE

yes....like steinbach and adalius thomas

from the buckeye state ill take ted ginn he could be our devin hester return punts and kicks and be our # 1 wr!

and even if he's our #2 WR...he will stretch the field to complement chambers and either booker or hagan

Nice retort, except for the fact that you didn't give any good reasons. You are assuming we can bring in a Pro Bowl LB? That's a big assumption. Also, I never said I had a problem with the LB core, it is the secondary that scares me. The front seven isn't bad, just OLD. The way to solve problems is via the draft, not by overpaying a free agent. Look at the Redskins to see the results of ignoring the draft and relying on overpriced free agents.

Again, for O-Line, you just say get free agents. Terrible plan partner. It may or may not work out, so that's nothing to rely on. Also, I never said to go O-Line in the first, so I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth.

On to QB. No, you don't disregard Daunte. But you think realistically, and you realize he hasn't had a good/healthy season since 2004. You realize that he may never be a Pro Bowl QB again and that the depth chart is pretty bare after him. So you consider a QB of the future, if the right guy is there. I never said let Daunte go.

Your posts are getting pretty ridiculous. I say you have to consider a QB and you say something like "OMG just let Daunte go ok that makes sense!" Please try to put together a decent argument instead of taking everything to the extremes.

Back
Top Bottom