With the Denver/SF trade I see the following... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the Denver/SF trade I see the following...

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
There had been speculation that Denver would use both 1s to move up and get Vernon Davis. That is out the window. I have no doubt now that a wr will be the pick at 15.
Going on what I have heard and what Jason Cole has reported via the Herald I am not so sure a defensive back will be picked. Yahoo sports also reinforces this with what I thought was a very good analysis of who Miami might pick. Their focus was on a defensive tackle or linebacker, and maybe a wr.
I am "guessing" the following guys will be the short list (not necessarily at 16):

Gabe Watson NT Michigan
S. Holmes WR Ohio State
Ernie Sims LB FSU
Chad Greenway LB Iowa
Demarco Ryans LB Alabama

There are others that could easily be placed there, but I think these 4 guys could be the hot 4. I would if pressured drop Sims because I think he may be picked earlier anyway. Jackson could be on the list, but I have a feeling Denver will pick him at 15. I believe it will come down to Holmes, Greenway, Ryans or Watson. And I am inclined to eliminate Watson and Ryans. Final guess? Greenway.

Lee2000

I think the Broncos will look for a RB with the 15th pick, and I doubt Greenway will slide to us at 16, but I would be happy as hell to have him here. I am starting to believe that Saban will take Holmes if he is avalible.

I don't think Saban would rate Gabe Watson that high. Too many issues, regardless of the upside. Watson is a great player, when he wants to be. I don't think Saban is a big fan of those types of guys in round one.

Remember in my post that I said these guys would not...

Ghetti13 said:
I don't think Saban would rate Gabe Watson that high. Too many issues, regardless of the upside. Watson is a great player, when he wants to be. I don't think Saban is a big fan of those types of guys in round one.

Not necessarily be picked at 16. I believe Watson could be picked lower in the rd.

Lee2000

You had better ammo where you were before the trade..

UF Fin Kat said:
the reason this trade went down was so denver could move up and get davis.
Denver had better ammo before the trade. I believe they would have had to trade both 1s to get up to get him. I do not see that now. They might be able to use 2s and 3s plus their one to get him, but I don't think more will be required for top 10 picks.

Lee2000

according to the draft value chart, the 15th and 37th picks add up to 1580, while the 7th pick is worth 1500. fair trade. it would've been unfair actually for to go from 15+22 (1050 + 780 = 1830) to get to #6 (1600). they can throw in another 2nd rounder and trade up with green bay and be just fine.

If you buy into the chart, which I understand many do..

UF Fin Kat said:
according to the draft value chart, the 15th and 37th picks add up to 1580, while the 7th pick is worth 1500. fair trade. it would've been unfair actually for to go from 15+22 (1050 + 780 = 1830) to get to #6 (1600). they can throw in another 2nd rounder and trade up with green bay and be just fine.

I don't argue with the chart logic, but I just think the trade was to get more picks versus trading up.

Lee2000

UF Fin Kat said:
the reason this trade went down was so denver could move up and get davis.

It's possible that they're positioning themselves to make a run at Davis, Williams, or even Bush (unlikely) or Leinart (Jake is getting up there in age).

More than likely, it means they want DeAngelo Williams, and if they can't get him are looking to trade back.

The deal is to get the Vikings to trade up for Vince Young if he's there at 15 or take him outright. Javon Walker will be traded to Denver soon.

Lee2000 said:
There had been speculation that Denver would use both 1s to move up and get Vernon Davis. That is out the window. I have no doubt now that a wr will be the pick at 15.
Going on what I have heard and what Jason Cole has reported via the Herald I am not so sure a defensive back will be picked. Yahoo sports also reinforces this with what I thought was a very good analysis of who Miami might pick. Their focus was on a defensive tackle or linebacker, and maybe a wr.
I am "guessing" the following guys will be the short list (not necessarily at 16):

Gabe Watson NT Michigan
S. Holmes WR Ohio State
Ernie Sims LB FSU
Chad Greenway LB Iowa
Demarco Ryans LB Alabama

There are others that could easily be placed there, but I think these 4 guys could be the hot 4. I would if pressured drop Sims because I think he may be picked earlier anyway. Jackson could be on the list, but I have a feeling Denver will pick him at 15. I believe it will come down to Holmes, Greenway, Ryans or Watson. And I am inclined to eliminate Watson and Ryans. Final guess? Greenway.

Lee2000

I would place Lawson or Carpenter ahead of Ryans

If denver wants Davis how high do you think they need to go?

Why would Denver care if Minny picks Young?

if you go by the value chart, denver can trade their 1st, and the 2nd and 3rd acquired from SF to move up as high as 5, where green bay stands.

Back
Top Bottom