woah.. dissed by superbowl.com? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

woah.. dissed by superbowl.com?

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/8130427

......Are the Patriots a dynasty?
Reaching their third Super Bowl in four years, New England could be one of the best teams in NFL history. Do they rank up there with the Steelers, Cowboys and 49ers?

Is Belichick one of the great coaches of our time?
See above. This season alone, he's handcuffed Peyton Manning (twice) and broke through the Steel Curtain. Oh, and there's that consecutive game winning streak. Just don't pay attention to that Monday night loss at Miami......

now was that a shot at us?

No, not a shot, more like a team with one loss losing to a team with 2 wins, on Monday night.

If the Pats lose to the Eagles, then this writer should NOT call New England a Dynasty since the Dolphins of the 70's are not even on his list. If the Pats lose, they will have gone to 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and won two while Miami went to 3 straight Super Bowls and won two.

Let them think and say whatever they want. I just smile and nodd to myself whenever I think of the Patriots. The Pats may be the better team, but until the Patriots beat us again Pats fans can't say anything about the Dolphins.

They're a dynasty IMO. To do what they're doing in this day and age, and the way they're taking apart the competition in the playoffs, it's impressive. I mean, they faced one of the most dangerous offenses in NFL history.....with a patchwork secondary (imagine us without Madison and Surtain) and dominated them to the tune of 3 points. If they win next week.....and I believe they will....there will be absolutely no debate. 3 titles in 4 years is absolutely a dynasty.

It's a priviledge watching them play. And I can't wait until we knock them off their perch.

IMO The pats are even more impressive than the old teams of the 70's due to salary cap restraints, and still dominateing...Both starting corners out and they dominate the leagues #1 offense...Go on the road against the leagues best defense and put up over 40 pts its just damn impressive.

one thing about this subject- imo if the patriots win their thrid super bowl in four year they are a dynasty on par with the last dynasty the cowboys. I will say that i believe both were/ are overrrated when comparing them historically with other dynasties our dolphins included. To start with I must insist that though stats will never point this out, this is absolutely the luckiest team i have ever seen in my entire life in any sport. If the tuck rule doesnt come into football psyche they dont win their first super bowl. If time doesnt run out on the panthers they might not have won their second superbowl. These are just two instances in what are literally tens and twenties that they get in crucial times to win games that are up in the air. Which leads me to the point that what is great about the patriots is not their talent, cause they have never been the most talented of teams and would likely be the least talented team to ever be considered for a dynasty tag, but what makes them great is that they are disciplined. They don't beat themselves and in this age of constant movement and lack of fundamentals this ability to win through mistake free play has translated to two and probably three championships. This trend where teams that playfundamentally sound winning championships is not unique to football. Look at basketball. Does anyone believe the Pistons were the best team last year. No obviously, but they played mistake free and took home the trophy. If Nick Saban is going to bring us a ring he needs to instill mistake free football. That's what wins. The frustrating thing watching the dolphins in the jimmy johnson and dave wannstedt eras was that we constantly shot ourselves in the foot. If Saban can turn us into a fundamentally sound team we will start a dynasty not just with fundamentals but with talent

Like it or not...IF the Patriots win the Super Bowl, they are officially a Dynasty. Thank God they're finally losing their coordinators after this season, they actually my lose 3 or 4 games next season. :(

Phinsdude said:
No, not a shot, more like a team with one loss losing to a team with 2 wins, on Monday night.
bingo.

freak wins happen. It wasn't like we "dominated" the patriots... the game had the recipe for the upset.... a near undefeated team coming in to a team that has only 2 wins.... on primetime.

The analysts know that sometimes teams have bad games... the team we played that night wasn't the real patriots... Brady had a horrible game - the worst of his career that night. It was a great victory for us but didn't mean that much in the greater picture.

texasPHINSfan said:
bingo.

freak wins happen. It wasn't like we "dominated" the patriots... the game had the recipe for the upset.... a near undefeated team coming in to a team that has only 2 wins.... on primetime.

The analysts know that sometimes teams have bad games... the team we played that night wasn't the real patriots... Brady had a horrible game - the worst of his career that night. It was a great victory for us but didn't mean that much in the greater picture.

it was a win though - losing is for losers

Brian: Hola, me Ilamo es brian ... Nosotros caramos ir condustedes.. uhhhh ...
Bellboy(spanish): Hey, that was pretty good, except when you said "me llamo es Brian," you don't need the "es," just me llamo Brian.
Brian: Oh, oh you speak english
Bellboy (sigh): No, just that first speech and this one explaining it.
Brian: You .... you're kidding me, right?
Bellboy(spanish): Que?

FinFan71 said:
Let them think and say whatever they want. I just smile and nodd to myself whenever I think of the Patriots. The Pats may be the better team, but until the Patriots beat us again Pats fans can't say anything about the Dolphins.
They can say "we've been to three superbowls in the past four years while you haven't even made the playoffs for the past three years". They could also say "even during the year we didn't make it to the superbowl we got the best of you, making sure if our team wasn't going to make the playoffs then neither was yours".

I hate the Patriots as much as any dolphins fan... but I think they've got a lot to brag about compared to the Dolphins (or any other team in the NFL for that matter). One Monday night win where the Patriots obviously took a two win team too lightly is meaningless IMO.

General Tso said:
They can say "we've been to three superbowls in the past four years while you haven't even made the playoffs for the past three years". They could also say "even during the year we didn't make it to the superbowl we got the best of you, making sure if our team wasn't going to make the playoffs then neither was yours".

I hate the Patriots as much as any dolphins fan... but I think they've got a lot to brag about compared to the Dolphins (or any other team in the NFL for that matter). One Monday night win where the Patriots obviously took a two win team too lightly is meaningless IMO.
let em' brag now - the only way we can go is up and the only way they can go is down...

In all honesty, the Pats are a scarily awesome football team.

The players aren't superstars, except for maybe Seymour, Law, Brady, (maybe Dillon, McGinest and Harrison.

They're scheming is awesome, they take a teams weakness and over the course of a week turn it into their strength.

Back
Top Bottom