woah.. dissed by superbowl.com? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

woah.. dissed by superbowl.com?

1st superbowl they got in as a fluke although they had a good season. Last year....don't even get me started on how they didn't dominate a single team and didn't lead 3/4 of their games going into the 4th qtr and how other teams lost the game for them in the closing minutes. This year....they ARE a dominant team and playing "superbowl" caliber. I know they have the previous 2 superbowl 'titles' and good for them but they just don't mean much to me as to say they almost lost 1/2 their games...is an understatement. This year they are playing lights out and deserve much credit for their season.

Mindwarp said:
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/8130427

......Are the Patriots a dynasty?
Reaching their third Super Bowl in four years, New England could be one of the best teams in NFL history. Do they rank up there with the Steelers, Cowboys and 49ers?

Is Belichick one of the great coaches of our time?
See above. This season alone, he's handcuffed Peyton Manning (twice) and broke through the Steel Curtain. Oh, and there's that consecutive game winning streak. Just don't pay attention to that Monday night loss at Miami......

now was that a shot at us?
we won by a point. that's more like an NFL dynasty with a foot on the "now" with one eye on the "when". too much is made of "dynasty" teams anyway.

go perfect for the season and i'll pay you a different kind of attention, although whats going on in new england deserves to wear the "dynasty" label. steelers in the 70's, 49ers in the 80's, cowboys in the 90's and now the patriots of the present decade. so far. any team can come in a overshadow the dynasty of the Pats, these next five seasons.

Muck said:
They're a dynasty IMO. To do what they're doing in this day and age, and the way they're taking apart the competition in the playoffs, it's impressive. I mean, they faced one of the most dangerous offenses in NFL history.....with a patchwork secondary (imagine us without Madison and Surtain) and dominated them to the tune of 3 points. If they win next week.....and I believe they will....there will be absolutely no debate. 3 titles in 4 years is absolutely a dynasty.

It's a priviledge watching them play. And I can't wait until we knock them off their perch.
I can't say it any beter. I wish we could be talking about the dolphins but you have to give credit where it's due. :)

They are a dynasty and if they win they might be the greatest dyansty EVER!

Muck said:
They're a dynasty IMO. To do what they're doing in this day and age, and the way they're taking apart the competition in the playoffs, it's impressive. I mean, they faced one of the most dangerous offenses in NFL history.....with a patchwork secondary (imagine us without Madison and Surtain) and dominated them to the tune of 3 points. If they win next week.....and I believe they will....there will be absolutely no debate. 3 titles in 4 years is absolutely a dynasty.

It's a priviledge watching them play. And I can't wait until we knock them off their perch.
No doubt.......Dynasty.......I still argue the Dolphins were a dynasty cut short by the World Football League, although we don't seem to get much credit in that way anymore.

Making it to three consecutive Superbowls and going undefeated is still something neither the 49'ers(who never won back to backs even), Pittsburgh(who had a two year absence between winning 2 and 2), Dallas and New England have accomplished. Csonka, Warfield and Kiick agreeing to sign with the WFL before the start of the 74' season took away something from the 74' team that the team had the previous 3 years(Team Chemistry), or I do think we would have won that 3rd Superbowl in a row (Something thats never been done).

Dont cut holes in what those *******s have done. As much as I hate them. They might be lucky, or less talented, less heraleded, whatever.. I wish we were as lucky, or "downsized" our talent to match there's (right)..

They win, and that's all that counts. Ask them fools in Boston. They drunk off all that champange and Im ready to vomit. I hate the Patriots with a passion since I lost a bike with a bet with my dad in the 1985 AFC Championship. Deep rooted hate.
But they are GOOD no matter what. We need to get good too. 3 years without the playoffs.. I'm starting to think we aint EVER gonna get back there.. Let alone reach 3 of 4 superbowls, or have a QB be 8 and 0 in the playoffs..

Best thing about this thread is.. It's gonna stay 2 SuperBowls in 4 years and we aint gonna have to compare them to anybody. Eagles win this one 27-20.

Yea the Pats are a dynasty. They don't really seem like 1 because they don't really dominate people, they just always play close games and find a way to win. I'd say mentally they are the best team of all-time. They never look past anyone and they never choke. They're just a team that always shows up and makes the right plays at the right times. And even though its not as impressive as the Cowboys or the Bears, they win a lot of games that way. So you have to give the Pats credit and consider them a dynasty atleast for this era.

The Dolphins Never get the respect we deserve!
No one talks about our 3 Superbowl in a row, or our Undefeted Season.
or in 72 , Miami 52 New England 0
Even the playoff commercal that started with Csonka has now stop showing .

Dynasty?
I look forward to the inevitable day,
when the pendulum swings the other way
and the Patriots return to their past disarray
and then all onlookers will say,
"Man, Did they die nasty or what!"

Dolfan Gary said:
The Dolphins Never get the respect we deserve!
No one talks about our 3 Superbowl in a row, or our Undefeted Season.
or in 72 , Miami 52 New England 0
Even the playoff commercal that started with Csonka has now stop showing .
Speaking of dead horses... Can we win something now that TV's are in color?

Jeez. I love what we did. But It's been since 84 since we been to the show.. THAT.. right there is closer to '73 than 2005..

What have you done for me lately? That's what this world is alllll about!

Brad528 said:
They are lucky not to have about three more losses to Miami in the last 2 years.
A whole bunch of teams can claim that with just a little luck they would have beaten NE. That's the thing, luck or not they just win. I hate the fact that they are in the Phins conference much less division, but they do everything they need to to win.

To start with I must insist that though stats will never point this out, this is absolutely the luckiest team i have ever seen in my entire life in any sport.
Ridiculous. Were they "lucky" when they lost more man games to injury last year than any other team in football? Were they "lucky" a couple of weeks ago when they shut down Manning and the Colts without their starting cornerbacks? Of course not - they're just really, really good.

If the tuck rule doesnt come into football psyche they dont win their first super bowl.
They're lucky because a referee made the right call after reviewing the play? They're lucky because they came from 10 points down in the fourth quarter to win? Huh?

If time doesnt run out on the panthers they might not have won their second superbowl.
Speaking of ridiculous arguments...

These are just two instances in what are literally tens and twenties that they get in crucial times to win games that are up in the air.
They win close games because 95 times out of 100, they make the plays with the game on the line. It's uncanny... but it happens so often that I don't think you can say it's luck any more.

they have never been the most talented of teams
You underestimate their talent. They have the best 53 man roster in the entire league, IMO.

1st superbowl they got in as a fluke although they had a good season.
I'd say the last two years have gone a long way towards validating that first Super Bowl as something other than a fluke. How were they a fluke when they won their last nine games of the year and were the #2 seed in the AFC?

Last year....don't even get me started on how they didn't dominate a single team and didn't lead 3/4 of their games going into the 4th qtr and how other teams lost the game for them in the closing minutes.
Didn't dominate a single team?

That's funny... I seem to remember them dominating the Colts in the playoffs.

This year....they ARE a dominant team and playing "superbowl" caliber. I know they have the previous 2 superbowl 'titles' and good for them but they just don't mean much to me as to say they almost lost 1/2 their games
When did the NFL start awarding style points?

They don't really seem like 1 because they don't really dominate people, they just always play close games and find a way to win.
I don't know if you've noticed, but with the exception of the game down here, the Patriots have been KILLING teams lately.

stan marino said:
IMO The pats are even more impressive than the old teams of the 70's due to salary cap restraints, and still dominateing...Both starting corners out and they dominate the leagues #1 offense...Go on the road against the leagues best defense and put up over 40 pts its just damn impressive.

Is the salary cap and free agency just a hinderance though? Okay, I believe the salary cap is a reason why dynasties aren't born every day, but FA can work for or against a team. Look at the Patriots. This year they picked up Corey Dillon, a very important part of their success this year.

Additionally, I don't think we'd have very much talent on our roster at all at this point if it wasn't for FA. Teams would have to build through drafts and trades all the time.

GatorMike, you sound like an arrogant Pats fan. I think the Pats supposed dynasty is a little bit of both luck and good play (and some dirty play, for that matter). They play mistake free and the other teams choke and/or don't get any breaks and the Pats always get those calls (at least since the 2001 season). What I can't stand more than anything is the Pats are now the darlings of the refs when it comes to calls and non-calls. When is the last time you saw the Pats called for offensive holding in a playoff game???

FinFan71 said:
Let them think and say whatever they want. I just smile and nodd to myself whenever I think of the Patriots. The Pats may be the better team, but until the Patriots beat us again Pats fans can't say anything about the Dolphins.
Here here!

Back
Top Bottom