World-wide interest in American Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

World-wide interest in American Football

Lobotommy said:
hey, EVERYBODY who will ever be in düsseldorf is invited to visit us !
we already have lots of friendships to US-fans.
letÄs have a beer, let's have fun and let's watch some football, if possible!

YOU'RE WELCOME A N Y TIME !!!!!

hey fellow german , was los alles fit :D

Al13 said:
yes the germans love american football, but the problem here is, that you still can\t get much info about the NFL, the only real source you can use is still the internet, watching nfl games live is only possible if you have a subscription with the local pay tv network called premiere and they normally just get the rights in time to show some games live, some games live means , 1 @ 1pm and 1@ 4 pm your time, they also show the monday night game live, but no sunday night football or any pregame stuff, i for myself call me a lucky guy since i have a neighbour in my house who is a retired american GI and therefor has an AFN decoder hooked up, so we get everything we want, can choose between like 3 games at 1 pm and like 3 at 4 pm, sunday night is available too, no dolphin game guarantee though and this truly suckz, but at least i can see a lots of games and follow my phins on radio or internet if not on tv

yep, you're right ! we have to take what is given to us :-( !

but NOTHING will stop us to enjoy the greatest sports on earth ... and if PREMIERE is not enough, so let's get on the plane and fly to MIAMI !

I have watched a lot of games live in the PRO PLAYER stadium and I will come back to watch some more. that's for sure !!!!

Al13 said:
hey fellow german , was los alles fit :D

damit ist dein deutsch eindeutig besser als das nahezu ALLER NFLE-spieler die dieses jahr in europa waren !!! :-)

liebe grüsse aus Essen (NRW)

where i live, A. Football is nothing... there is a local team, but they have about 4 supporters (my family). besides friends and family, i have known no-one who likes American football.

i wish more people will give it a chance.

the tipical view is : 'oooh they have pads, they're pu$$ies! rugby is for real men!'
although i play rugby (because there is not youth A. Football team) i think that rugby is a womens game compared to A. Football

All insightful reply's thanks a bunch! It sounds like Germany's got it goin' on in regards to football. Why do you think that is so, compared to say...England or France,..... er....scratch that say.....England and Italy or the Netherlands?

Never say die said:
All insightful reply's thanks a bunch! It sounds like Germany's got it goin' on in regards to football. Why do you think that is so, compared to say...England or France,..... er....scratch that say.....England and Italy or the Netherlands?

Cause of the US armed forces based their--it was big in the UK in the late 80's--when the Fins played SF at Wembley they played in front of a full house, it was a good atmosphere too

Put on the helmet and actually compete.... sorry a little american slang for buckling up or tightening the chin strap.

Never say die said:
Put on the helmet and actually compete.... sorry a little american slang for buckling up or tightening the chin strap.

yeah I played DE and RT for the Minehead Maulers--You must have heard of them--Boy did I ache after first practice--We were piss poor really but every one was keen--We were not as big as NFL players--I am 6foot 4 inches and about 235 lbs, which is way under weight for the position I played

Back
Top Bottom