Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round?

i could live with it yes.he's a solid interior lineman which is a position of need. is he bpa at 15? doubtful.

I like Pouncey. There really is no need to draft a RB in round 1 when you can find starting caliber running backs in the later rounds. I'm also not sold on any of the 1st round QB's really, so I wouldn't mind Pouncey at all. I'd like to trade down and get a bit more value for the pick, but that's no always possible, it will depend on who falls to 15 (hopefully Cam Newton, because someone will trade up for him).

Gotta move up in th draft and select a QB unless you think Vince Young can be your guy . Pouncey is projected to be a guard and you don't take those in round 1. If not, take a skill player, fast WR or RB.

Like has been mentioned he's not a center at all, anyone who saw him snapping the ball for the Gators last year could tell that. I would only draft him if we've done something about our QB situation first. I still think we need to go QB first round, and we could even trade down and still get Locker, don't believe for a moment all the top 4 QB's in this class will be gone by the time we pick.

pouncey is not a center, he is a guard....he is also not as good as his brother on the steelers....i say try to trade down in the 1st then draft pouncey....so then this doesnt put alot of pressure of the front office to have to swing for the fences in free agency to help our interior line...if you do this our line is almost set for next year....long, carey, incognito, pouncey, free agent lineman

Like has been mentioned he's not a center at all, anyone who saw him snapping the ball for the Gators last year could tell that. I would only draft him if we've done something about our QB situation first. I still think we need to go QB first round, and we could even trade down and still get Locker, don't believe for a moment all the top 4 QB's in this class will be gone by the time we pick.

I dont know much about Pouncey, but I thought I read he was an elite center prospect. Oh well. Unless its Gabbert, I don't want any of these guys. These QBs all look like busts... Id rather just wait for Luck. Or get Pat Devlin in the 3rd.

I saw that on ESPN's mock...I believe it was McShay's pick.

Honestly, this is the way I think about it...next year is going to be a rebuilding year, and with looming uncertainty with the HC, Pouncey is the much safer pick. You rebuild at the trenches...and it will pay off for years to come. Not sexier, but safer...I'd do it.

Curious...how many more drafts and free agencies will these guys need to build our trenches?

yes especially if we pass on a qb or ingram for him. get lineman later in the draft unless they are cant miss like long was. mike pouncey isnt as good as his brother and it even says it in mcshay's mock

I would not be against it, BUT we could probably trade down to the 20th to 25th spot and still get Pouncey PLUS recoup a 2nd round pick for trading down. I think we should trade down, then we can get someone like Pouncey later on or Mikel LaShoure. I don't think Ingram at #15 is a sure thing, as he just doesn't have breakaway speed, and he is small and has had injuries.

Trade down and I do not mind it.

Concur with this. At this moment Pouncey appears to be the best option at C in the draft. If that's the case he would anchor the line for years. If he's not worth a 1st round pick go TE or ILB.

I have a feeling Henne is the starter next year with a young one (like Bandstrater) being groomed. There just aren't many good veterans FAs, and we pick too low in the draft to get an impact QB.

This draftnik says:

Pouncey would be a REALLY good second round pick or late 1st if a team really needs him.

Back
Top Bottom