Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round?

I'm all for drafting interior OL in the first round, but drafting one at #15 might be too high for a G/C. We need to trade back and then grab one.

As a Gators fan I definitely hope they don't take him as a center.

Pouncey is a guard end of discussion.

Gators used him at Center this year and there was atleast 3-4 bad snaps per game it was disgusting.

Coming from a diehard gator fan.... NO! His brother was the center, he is purely a Guard. Throughout the season he had issues getting shotgun snaps within 5 feet of Brantley. So imagine when he has BIG VINCE WILFORK in his face. Not a good look.

He will be one hell of a guard though, but I wouldn't draft a guard that early in the 1st.

Take the Michigan Avy out of your avy spot. your fanhood has been pulled as a Michigan fan. You have seen 7 straight years of greatness out of jake long and u trash him and say we should have taken a middle of the pack quarterback
Ryan was good but he proved in his playoff game that he is just good not great while jake is great

Don't think anyone in here thinks Jake is a bad player. Problem is when you need a QB and are in possible to take the best one in the draft, you must do it. That middle of the road QB had his best stats his 3rd year and likely will to continue to get better. His teams have and likely will continue to have winning records and make the playoffs every year. This all with a mediocre left tackle in Sam Baker.

Jake very well will make the HOF but his teams have consecutive 7-9 seasons and very likely will not make the playoffs next year save us hitting on great FA's and nailing the draft (which must include a QB). Our QB drafted in the 2nd round has digressed each year to the point that most believe his days are numbered. None of this is on Jake. It's just that his position does not make nearly the difference in a teams success than a QB's will.

trust me, he is NOT his brother. and **** LINEMEN GET A QB FIRST MAN U GUYS DIDN"T LEARN FROM THE LONG AFFECT?

trust me, he is NOT his brother. and **** LINEMEN GET A QB FIRST MAN U GUYS DIDN"T LEARN FROM THE LONG AFFECT?

I want to get the RIGHT QB... Not the next JP Losman. Outside of Gabbert, the 1st round crop of QBs is weak. Better to go in another direction and get QB in 2012.

Just not a big fan of the QB's this year.

Fix other needs this year and see what happens. Sell the house next year to get the #1 pick if QB is still a need. I don't want just any QB, I wan't a franchise QB and I'm not sold on any of the QB's this year being the answer.

I could definitely see this happening.

I would like to see them trade down in the first to recoup a 2nd. They could then draft a TE, Kyle Rudolph from Notre Dame, then use the 2nd round pick on a RB, WR or OL. Doesn't matter to me which as long as it's the #1 rated player on their board at the time as all 3 positions need to be upgraded.

I just think it's to early to put your hopes into certain players to key in the draft. Who knows what we will need if a new CBA is signed and we can bring in 1 or 2 quality FA's before the draft. It's just to early to tell.
yeah, i wouldn't mind rudolph with a good interior lineman either.

I say no only because I'd rather have Mike Brewster in the 2012 draft. It'd disappoint me greatly to see this team burn 1st rounders on O-line in back to back years.

That being said, i believe Pouncey at 15 would be a bit of reach. However he's the best guard in the draft and Iupati went #17 overall last year. I don't expect him to make it out of the top 25.

Jake Long is an elite, Pro Bowl LT, probably eventual HOF material. It's not that it was a "bad" pick, maybe the wrong pick... a difference.

matt ryan hasnt won anything yet ether...
and a QBs career is easier to end then a elite LT

I know everyone wants an impact player and are tired of "cornfed linemen", but center is a vitally important cog on a team. Pouncey could solidify that position much like his brother did in Pittsburgh. A good line can make all your other pieces on offense more potent.

I'd rather take Pouncey at 15 than Mark Ingram, personally.

Isn't the 1st round very high for a centre generally speaking?

With all of Miami's problems on offense, you want to use the first pick on a Guard. This is a joke, right?

On a center. I didn't know much about Pouncey, but I had read he was a top Center prospect. If Pouncey isn't, then make this thread about whoever is the top Center prospect. The Center position is very important for the running game and the offense as a whole. You can get a RB in late rounds that generally performs just as well or better as first rounders, thus why I would pass on Ingram.

Do the Pounceys have a sister? Maybe we can take her in the 3rd?!?!?

GTFO of here with these reach picks. Besides, any pick that aint a QB is the wrong pick.

We're not going ANYWHERE until we get a QB. As it looks now, Jake Locker might be there at 15 and if he is, we must draft him. I know he had a down Senior year and he has his faults (so did Dan Marino) but we gotta gamble on him if there.

And if all of the top 4 QBs are gone, we should trade down and take Pat Devlin. Devlin won't last much past the early-mid 2nd so we gotta stay in position to draft him (at least).

But one way or another, we gotta use our first pick for QB.

Of course focking Ireland and Sparano probably won't b/c they're focking lame ducks on a one year audition so yeah - they'll probably reach for Pouncey to cover up the mistake of signing Jake Grove over that younger, better free agent C who signed with the Rams (forget his name right now).

Back
Top Bottom