Would you be okay with trading up into the bottom of the 1st for Fleener? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be okay with trading up into the bottom of the 1st for Fleener?

What's the best option for our 1st two picks?

• Total voters

clownfish

Club Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, since the top TE prospect in this class by quite a bit is Fleener. If we get Tannehill at 8 and Fleener falls into the bottom of round 1 (say past 26) would you be okay with trading one of our 3rd rounders and our 2nd rounder for him? Is he that good? Could he be that big target that we lost when we traded Marshall? I know everyone says there is no need for a receiver like Marshall in the WCO, but a fast, seem-busting TE is important for that scheme. I would really love to see Ireland grow a pair and do this if Fleener falls.

Personally, no. If he fell to 42 I'd be alright with it.

Take Tannehill at #8 we need a QB, if he's gone take DeCastro at #8 and Cusins at #42, and 2xwr with our 2x3rds then go defence 4,5,6,7........

Do you think this scenario is feasible?
I think it is. But I think our new head coach will want to bring in the way Green Bay does things and I do not believe they will trade picks away as we are going to try and build through the draft. I mean it could happen but I am doubtful our FO would pull the trigger on it. The only thing is though is if Fleener some how does not get drafted in the first round I believe that the Colts would love to select them with their second rounder and pair him back with Luck.

Take Tannehill at #8 we need a QB, if he's gone take DeCastro at #8 and Cusins at #42, and 2xwr with our 2x3rds then go defence 4,5,6,7........

As good as Decastro is the fans would want Ireland in a noose if he took a guard with the number 8 pick. That said he probably would be the BPA. I don't think we take a QB before the 3rd round unless A- Tannehill is there and we are convinced he's the savior or B- we trade back in the first and end up with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. I just think the FO sees OT, WR, DE/OLB, and CB as bigger concerns with the first two picks.

i would take a shot and try to trade up for this guy

I would rather stay at our picks the cost will be too hefty

If pressed id do any of the three. I mentioned awhile back trading into the first for fleener . Id just consider him a our second round pick. Would i rather have two first rounders who will contribute right away, or an extra third rounder?
Two picks for me in the first, will always trump a pick in the second and an extra third. Although, i might go bpa and take keuchly at 8the and go fleener in the twenties. Tannehill may very well be the guy though. So i guess i have to ask, do i like a tanny/keuchky and fleener with our first two. Picks or tanny and zeitler, or ingram and allen and an extra third..... call me stupid, i like the latter.... kind of like getting better value out of Marshall was that way too.

I like Michael Egnew enough that I think giving up a pick to move up for Fleener is a bad idea.

I think people are overlooking the fact that Philbin has already stated that he is excited about the potential of Clay. Between him and Fasano we are set at TE, we have too many holes to fill for a TE.

we're not set at te...we still have no seam buster and guy that can squeeze the safeties... we got an hback and an in line guy who looks like he's carrying a load in his drawers when he releases down the field...

philbin wants his jermichael finley for this o...and micheal egnews not it...

Fleener isn't lasting into the late 1st. Not after the season Gronk and Jimmy Graham just had.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading up if Kendall Wright fell, though. He strikes me as another Santonio Holmes only with a better head on his shoulders. Nick Perry is another guy I think is worth trading up to take.

My sense, though, is that if we take Tannehill in the 1st our 2nd rounder will be an offensive lineman.

It's a bad year to need a TE. I don't think it's worth overdrafting for a position like TE with Fasano/Clay already here and big holes at other positions on this team. Are we set at TE? No, not even close. But we are in better shape there than other positions.

Back
Top Bottom