Would you be okay with trading up into the bottom of the 1st for Fleener? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be okay with trading up into the bottom of the 1st for Fleener?

What's the best option for our 1st two picks?

• Total voters
If we can keep one of those third round picks I'm down for moving up. After his pro day though he seems destined for the top 20 and therefore out of our reach.

It's a bad year to need a TE. I don't think it's worth overdrafting for a position like TE with Fasano/Clay already here and big holes at other positions on this team. Are we set at TE? No, not even close. But we are in better shape there than other positions.

How do? Fleener has the best measurables at TE since Vernon Davis. Plus there's tons of other depth at the position.

Personally I'd rather trade down from 8 and draft Fleener and weeden in the teens/20s.

If the Bears don't draft Fleener he could slide all the way to the Giants. All the other teams are either already paying two guys good money or they are too needy in other areas like the Bengals ,Browns, and Steelers. Trading up with the 49ers could get it done but I think you would have to send a player and a pick to get the 49ers to budge.

Fleener isn't lasting into the late 1st. Not after the season Gronk and Jimmy Graham just had.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading up if Kendall Wright fell, though. He strikes me as another Santonio Holmes only with a better head on his shoulders. Nick Perry is another guy I think is worth trading up to take.

My sense, though, is that if we take Tannehill in the 1st our 2nd rounder will be an offensive lineman.

+1

I like that first option a lot actually. Considering the WR depth in this draft there might be some interesting options left with that other 3rd, but the idea of Ireland taking 3 straight playmaking offensive players and no linemen with his top picks seems impossibly against type.

everyone keeps saying philbin wants a "fleener" type or needs his seam buster - but based on who the phins have worked out and what they have talked about recently - it seems he likes fasano and clay. he also talked much more about TEs blocking than "busting the seams"

someone on this board recently also told me that Finley ran a ton of short routes in the GB scheme and then every so often broke down field for a TD. fasano has also done this on several occasions and clay really started to shine at times last year coming off the injury -

dolphins are a ton of smoke and mirrors so you never really know for sure - but i would not bet on us gong all out for a TE in the early rounds - i am guessing we maybe draft a guy late or sign an UFA as a project player. we need serious help at pass rusher and o-line, as well as WR.

I would rather Dwayne Allen in 2nd. Fleener had the best QB in years throwing to him and still Allen was considered best TE before combine. Granted Allen had very slow 40 but I think Gronk ran about 4.75 and Allen had better bench. Id be delighted if we took Allen in 2nd.

i`ll take an additional 6th rounder or so for trading our 8th pick to a mid 20s spot then take fleener in the first.

That would be a great way to help a young qb develop. Fleener would be awesome in this system.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

i`ll take an additional 6th rounder or so for trading our 8th pick to a mid 20s spot then take fleener in the first.
You could get a #2 pick, plus more for trading back that far.

Back
Top Bottom