Would you cut Wake to sign Ziggy Ansah? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you cut Wake to sign Ziggy Ansah?

I know Wake is a beloved member of the Dolphins, but he's only got a couple years left, if that.

His savings if cut would be $8.125 million. Would you cut Wake and use that space to sign a younger, every-down defensive end like Ansah?

And on a side note, overthecap.com says that Miami can cut Kiko with no penalty, which I didn't think was the case. Not sure if it's an error, but if so, that's another $9.6M that can be cleared off the books for an underperforming player.

Well maybe the brain trust could put Kiko back at middle where he performed the best? Raekwon on the outside, Timmons gone. I have no problem with Kiko at his natural position.

I would not cut Wake, but I would want a way to get Ansah as well.

YES. Derek Cameron Wake is beloved among Dolphins heroes... but time and losing are the evil twins confounding this franchise.

get Ziggy wit it.

Your talking about Ansah like he is 25 and posts double digit sack numbers every year.

Ansah will be 29 in May and he has only reached double digit sacks twice in his career.

You really propose a team with serious cap issues and who just used first round pick on the position go out and sell the farm to sign a free agent for 5 years 75 mil and he isn't even as productive as the guy your paying 8 mil for.

Preposterous!!

Reactions: BSQ

I would not cut Wake, but I would want a way to get Ansah as well.

How would the defensive snap allocation go considering you'd have Wake,Harris,Branch,and Ansah?

You didn't pay both Wake and Branch $8 million plus to sit on the bench

You surely don't want to stop the progress of Harris by limiting his snaps

You sure as heck don't want to pay Ansah in the area of $15 million per
to do anything but play every snap possible

My opinion is if you bring on Ansah you have to get rid of one of the above
and the easiest with almost zero dead money would be releasing Wake or
having him take a HUGE PAY CUT and limiting his snaps to almost nothing

My bad, it was a rough estimate from what I remember, and I didn’t look it up. It was mainly to let the OP know that there was a major cap hit if we cut Kiko, and not $0 cap hit.

You're right, That cap hit is a killer for Kiko "and the Dolphins :) "
soonest time to get rid of Kiko would be after next season.
What's your opinion?

Cut wake? If we’re cutting Wake go get Demarcus Lawrence from Dallas.

Ziggy can be bad without cutting Wake.

Don't think the Dolphins want to give up two first rounders for D-Law.

Build through the draft. Bring in inexpensive free agents who are young and have upside. The cap is all out of whack because of a few very bad contracts, we can't add to the mess, we have to fix it.

No because Ansah has always played on the opposite end of Wake. The FO already has too much invested in the weak side. I would cut Pouncey though.

Wake should be used as Dwight Freeny and other aging ends are currently used...in obvious pass situations.

The hope is Harris takes more and more snaps from Wake and Wake becomes 25 snaps a game type player.

I think, if we don't address the position in the draft, you should expect Branch to man that strong side.

Patriots and Steelers would have let Wake go 2 years ago.

Yup. And resigned him for next to nothing a year later.

To answer the OP, I'd say I would absolutely find the most respective way possible to release Wake but you'd have to do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom