Would you give up our No 1 pick for a replacement for RW | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you give up our No 1 pick for a replacement for RW

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Would you give away next years no 1 pick (Which may be a high one) in order to find a replacement for Ricky.Speilman has shown a tendency to panic and might just do that.I know it a pretty broad question.It might be worth it if it was in trade for Alexander or Edgerrin James.But would it be worth it for a second tier type of RB?

For Onterrio Smith just b/c it's like drafting the best RB in next years draft but I'd rather get him with players swap.

I seriously think Miami should play this season with the 3 backs they have rotating all the time. Cause next year we might have a great chance to sign Edward James now thats a back whose an unrestricted free agent that can really play.

CanadianFish said:
I seriously think Miami should play this season with the 3 backs they have rotating all the time. Cause next year we might have a great chance to sign Edward James now thats a back whose an unrestricted free agent that can really play.

I agree 100%, we have already lost our 2nd rd pick next year and I don't want to wait for the 3rd rd to see us pick. I Love our Dolphins but IMHO we are looking at and mid to upper 1st rd pick next year, so I would love to see us get a francise player with that pick, not a 1 yr stop gap.

I'd like to see a thunder and lightning approach with Minor/Russel, and then draft a RB next year.
That, or get a veteran to fill in this year and then draft a new one.

Fresh new start.

I would trade a #1 for Mike Bennett in a heartbeat. Ditto Shaun Alexander (though I can't imagine that happening).

touborg said:
I'd like to see a thunder and lightning approach with Minor/Russel, and then draft a RB next year.

Fresh new start.

Minor, at 205 lbs, would be the lightning in any thunder and lightning combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touborg

Fresh new start.

Minor, at 205 lbs, would be the lightning in any thunder and lightning combo.

Oh yea, wasn't meant in that particual order.

Regardless, that is what i'd like to see. We already lost our 2nd rounder, i'd hate to see us give away our first aswell.

I am beggining to worry that our GM in panic will give away more of our future picks leaving the cupboard bare for the next coach.Its time to stop givinjg away our future.When we start the inevitable rebuilding we will neede those picks.I am for bringing a backup RB at this stage and giving our existing backups a chance.

For a proven starter like Henry, Alexander, or Green id give up a first.

nah, i've always thought Minor was better than ricky. here is his chance to prove me right. :cool: :tongue:

I think were all not going to feel settled on anything we do until the season starts.I do know for what wanny is accustomed to do Minor isn't the man for but if Wanny is willing to change his philosophy then we got something but just the mere fact their looking for another bigger work horse tells me Minor won't be getting the bulk of carries and once again exposes wannys philosophy to pound the ball 30-35 times a game.

Back
Top Bottom