Would You Rather | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather

Would you rather the fun illusion (choice #1) or the reboot (choice #2)?

• Illusion (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Reboot (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • other

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
This was a loaded question to start with as the OP knows

One option is the team will never get better

The other option is blow it up

I added a third option for those that don't agree with either of the first two
was not a loaded question I am just not sure there is an option 3 the way things stand. no idea how you net add talent when you are $35mm over the new and improved salary cap, and a bunch of guys already on the team need big fat new deals to stay. i purposely did not specify what i mean by blowing it up. people are coming to their own view of that. some think it is the coach, others the gm, others the QB, others all of the above. my 2 cents, mcdaniel is very promising. grier should have been gone long ago (never should have even gotten the job as he was part of the failed regimes), and tua remains a big ?. i think it would be fair to say parting with any of these guys, or two of the three (tua and grier for example) would constitute blowing it up and starting it over.

how you going to net add talent when we are $35mm over the new and improved salary cap and some of the players on the current roster need big fat deals to stay?
Pretty sure we’re not over the cap by much after this weeks moves. The cap isn’t an issue this year. We should be able to sign some of our guys and add a few guys. We don’t need to sign a superstar. Just a couple physical guys that can contribute

was not a loaded question I am just not sure there is an option 3 the way things stand. no idea how you net add talent when you are $35mm over the new and improved salary cap, and a bunch of guys already on the team need big fat new deals to stay. i purposely did not specify what i mean by blowing it up. people are coming to their own view of that. some think it is the coach, others the gm, others the QB, others all of the above. my 2 cents, mcdaniel is very promising. grier should have been gone long ago (never should have even gotten the job as he was part of the failed regimes), and tua remains a big ?. i think it would be fair to say parting with any of these guys, or two of the three (tua and grier for example) would constitute blowing it up and starting it over.
Why would you fire Grier? He has provided one of the best rosters in the league. He lead a rebuild that produced one of the best teams in the league. We were decimated with injuries last year and that is a fact. Grier has executed 2 of the best trades in recent nfl history and acquired the best non qb player in the league. He nailed almost every high pick except iggy. What more do you want dude? Only one team can win the Super Bowl

Of course it was

Just because you can't see how they get under the cap and still keep most of the good players doesn't mean they will not do it

In two moves they already freed up $30 mil. Cutting X and Ogban

Others can be signed and restructured to free even more

Who knows the team may hit on a couple draft picks or add a free agent or two and be better next year than this one

That should have been your third option and the poll might have been useful

In your opinion what would be your moves besides Grier being fired? And say keeping Tua at 5th year salary.

How many times do people want to suffer through the same **** of the last 20 years? :bobdole:
I wish i had a answer.. never on here. Alaways our team sucks which i don't agree with.

There is a reason for this question. But without explaining the reason for the question, which may bias the responses, here are the choices. For the purposes of this question, please answer the survey as the question is stated. Comments are fine for points about these scenarios, like injuries, etc, which I understand. Consider this a larger philosophical question, which actually is an important one with regard to thinking about how the team (front office, owner), will behave this offseason:

#1) Have the next 5 seasons like last year. 75% of the season is great and super fun. Offense is on fire. Games are fun to watch. You think the team has the chance to do something in the post-season. Fans are into it, and the team gets the national attention it has not had in years. Then warts emerge, you cannot beat the good teams, and you limp into the post-season. But still, the whole time you are thinking, they might have a chance, even going into the playoff game. Then they lose, and are out. Small modifier, every subsequent year it gets a little less fun, as you start to realize that although the team is pretty good, it will probably never be good enough to get over the hump. Caveat, and hopefully I can articulate this well. For the purposes of this question, I am making it clear this is a wild card team for 5 years in a row with a first round playoff loss. HOWEVER, I am telling you that you will not know in advance the team will get bounced from the playoffs, and you get to enjoy the illusion for most of the season (although less and less each season), so it is still super fun to somewhat fun, just like last year (although to less of a degree each year).

OR

#2) Blow the thing up, and start all over. You may suck for awhile. You may have a few seasons of 4 to 7 wins. You will know the team has no chance for a few seasons. The games will suck for a few seasons. BUT you have a 10-20% chance of building the type of team that in 3-4 years will win a Super Bowl. Or you have an 80%-90% of getting to the end of that road, and blowing it all up again, which is the story of the Dolphins last 23 years. But at least you have a chance, as opposed to the first option, where you have no chance.

Hey, remember that thing when you said you didn’t intentionally make divisive posts?

I reject both options…because those aren’t the only options.

It’s not up to you.

Of course it was

Just because you can't see how they get under the cap and still keep most of the good players doesn't mean they will not do it

In two moves they already freed up $30 mil. Cutting X and Ogban

Others can be signed and restructured to free even more

Who knows the team may hit on a couple draft picks or add a free agent or two and be better next year than this one

That should have been your third option and the poll might have been useful
Interesting because you or someone else seem to have added the third option, which is a giant undefined catch all, so it should be winning by multiples, but in fact is not getting many votes. One therefore has to assume most agree with me, and that the way things are now, there really isn't much of a third option, but I am glad you added it can't hurt, I would have at least qualified it by adding "tua is the guy and I believe he can carry the team to a super bowl win even if he gets a mega deal and takes a giant chunk of salary cap."I tried to avoid mentioning tuas name so heads would not explode, but this is basically option 3, and to be fair maybe I should have added it as a choice

Last edited:
Interesting because you or someone else seem to have added the third option, which is a giant undefined catch all, so it should be winning by multiples, but in fact is not getting many votes. One therefore has to assume most agree with me, and that the way things are now, there really isn't much of a third option.
Dude we are right there. We have the talent we just need a little luck.

Back
Top Bottom