Would You Rather | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather

Would you rather the fun illusion (choice #1) or the reboot (choice #2)?

• Illusion (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Reboot (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • other

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
It is an interesting hypothetical, however it all depends on knowing the future so it's basically a moot point. You're asking what to do if we know the current team will NOT win a SB in 5 years. Why pick sticking with the illusion?

Interesting because you or someone else seem to have added the third option, which is a giant undefined catch all, so it should be winning by multiples, but in fact is not getting many votes. One therefore has to assume most agree with me, and that the way things are now, there really isn't much of a third option, but I am glad you added it can't hurt

That 3rd option got 9 votes in 30 mins dude and if it was up from the beginning would now have the most votes no doubt

Would you rather the fun illusion (choice #1) or the reboot (choice #2)?Edit

• Illusion (explanation below read the post)​

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Reboot (explanation below read the post)​

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • other​

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters 27

Your options were no way we are getting better and blow it up

Instead of other I could have put the team gets better next year ... something you never even considered

was not a loaded question I am just not sure there is an option 3 the way things stand. no idea how you net add talent when you are $35mm over the new and improved salary cap, and a bunch of guys already on the team need big fat new deals to stay. i purposely did not specify what i mean by blowing it up. people are coming to their own view of that. some think it is the coach, others the gm, others the QB, others all of the above. my 2 cents, mcdaniel is very promising. grier should have been gone long ago (never should have even gotten the job as he was part of the failed regimes), and tua remains a big ?. i think it would be fair to say parting with any of these guys, or two of the three (tua and grier for example) would constitute blowing it up and starting it over.
Absolutely it was, and it was by design. The fact that you didn't include a third option, acceptable to the many who do not share your view, shows the dishonesty in that statement.

It was then reinforced by your characterization that anyone who was in favor of staying the course was deluded by an "illusion".

Do better........

While fundamentally correct the "Reboot" offer no guarantee you will get back to same level as the "Illusion" i.e. winning the majority of you games and making playoffs. Could be lots of pain for no gain.

We've tried "Reboot" many times over the past 20-odd years and right now is the best results we've seen over that period. Burn it all down and start again runs the risk of more decades of the same.

FTR: I went for "Other" because options 1 and 2 both suck.
I'd agree, if the manner in which you win games and make the playoffs provides any belief you have what it takes to take it all the way, or shows an upward trend.

But I agree...both options suck.

That 3rd option got 9 votes in 30 mins dude and if it was up from the beginning would now have the most votes no doubt

Would you rather the fun illusion (choice #1) or the reboot (choice #2)?Edit

• Illusion (explanation below read the post)​

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Reboot (explanation below read the post)​

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • other​

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters 27

Your options were no way we are getting better and blow it up

Instead of other I could have put the team gets better next year ... something you never even considered

Ten.

Absolutely it was, and it was by design. The fact that you didn't include a third option, acceptable to the many who do not share your view, shows the dishonesty in that statement.

It was then reinforced by your characterization that anyone who was in favor of staying the course was deluded by an "illusion".

Do better........
You are both so wrong it is beyond belief. But can't win with you people. I put tuas name into it, it is a problem. I leave tuas name out, it is a problem. That is what I was trying to do was to leave tua out of it so nobody complains. But alas it is always something. Jesus. Can you be more condescending. "Be better". Seriously.

Last edited:
Why would you fire Grier? He has provided one of the best rosters in the league. He lead a rebuild that produced one of the best teams in the league. We were decimated with injuries last year and that is a fact. Grier has executed 2 of the best trades in recent nfl history and acquired the best non qb player in the league. He nailed almost every high pick except iggy. What more do you want dude? Only one team can win the Super Bowl
Grier has been terrible at drafting and signing FA. He gutted the team and loaded in available money and draft picks 4 years ago. He did a great job getting the tunsil trade but let’s be real that’s not happening again. He also botched the crap out of the SF trade by basically making waddle worth 2 first round picks in a year loaded with talent. Now here we are 4 years after the rebuild began and we are already going backwards. We are strapped on cap space because of his lack of drafting skills. Anyone can trade for proven talent it’s the foresight that makes a GM a good one

You are both so wrong it is beyond belief. But can't win with you people. I put tuas name into it, it is a problem. I leave tuas name out, it is a problem. That is what I was trying to do was to leave tua out of it so nobody complains. But alas it is always something. Jesus. Can you be more condescending. "Be better". Seriously.
Oh, I can be far more condescending. Allow me to demonstrate.

To a flat earther, common sense is "beyond belief". That says a lot about them, and little about the reality of the universe.

No, it's because you don't understand a 2:1 improvement when it is staring you in the face. - LOL

How far did you make it thru grade school? - LOL
What an unnecessary and pathetic attempt at an insult.

The biggest issue I have with threads like these is that they serve no purpose. It is clear the author believes choice #2 is the only correct option. I have no problem with people having their own opinions.

However, what is the realistic path to making said choice possible? I don’t mean the general idea behind the concept. I want to know how you do it when you have no draft picks, no cap space, and a ton of expensive contracts you can’t get out of. Beyond that, I want to know why people think Grier could rebuild this team when he squandered a literal treasure trove of picks over the last 4 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom