WR Drew Morgan has impressed Dolphins beat reporters in effort to make roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Drew Morgan has impressed Dolphins beat reporters in effort to make roster

I believe we entered 2016 with 5 receivers with Carroo and Grant as the 4 & 5 guys and stayed there most of the year until they activated Rashawn Scott . 2015 was a different regime.

They could go with 6 this year because they may only go with 9 OL instead of 10 like last year. I just don't see the 10th guy on the roster for the line. I don't see them going with 5 RB's again either so that makes it more likely to keep 6 WR's. There were times last year when we had 4 TE's on the 53.

I've seen enough of rookie receiver Drew Morgan to conclude he has a realistic shot of making the Dolphins' 53. He has skills.
— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly) June 5, 2017

Poor Drew Morgan, all that work in camp to impress the right people, and then the kiss of death. :(

I'd love to see Drew, Stringfellow, Praise, & Chase make the roster.

However, we haven't heard one peep about Praise or Allen....hopefully when the pads come on we'll hear more. Hard for an LB/DL to make noise wearing tight shorts.

Last edited:
Watching the Arkansas vs. VT bowl game this year that had both Morgan and Ford in it. Based on that game...give me Morgan in a second over Ford! The guy doesn't give up. The effort there is what you want and he is willing to block. I like this kid as my dark horse this year...

The OTAs are for teaching so they spend extra time with guys that don't know the playbook thus giving them more of a chance to impress. It means nothing till they get pads on, and the teaching subsides to evaluation. Devante Parker won OTAs his rookie season, and he didn't get on the field till week 10. OTAs are for the rookies, and the guys you hear about in OTA almost every year are forgotten by preseason game 3.

Watching the Arkansas vs. VT bowl game this year that had both Morgan and Ford in it. Based on that game...give me Morgan in a second over Ford! The guy doesn't give up. The effort there is what you want and he is willing to block. I like this kid as my dark horse this year...

It's not the end-all-be-all drill for players but he was the slowest WR at the combine with 4.74. For comparison, 13 defensive lineman ran faster than Morgan.

What caught your eye about Morgan in that bowl game? Was it his lost fumble in the beginning of the 3rd qtr signaling the momentum swing in VT's favor in which Arkansas never scored again, that turnover led to a VT touchdown, and ultimately spurred Hokies comeback? Just curious.

Last edited:
Ughh, less than two weeks before the rooks start training camp.
I promised myself I wouldn't click any more UDFA threads...Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Sniffing glue is so yesterday. Real trendy assholes snort chocolate.

Just snap the ball and throw 3 hail Mary's.

There's a Jordan Phillips joke waiting to happen.

I could probably get some hippies here in Hawaii to start snorting cacao powder...non-gmo, of course.

The inherent danger in all this snorting chocolate is when it becomes illegal, you'll have dead dogs littering airports everywhere as soon as the quality of profylactics diminish...

Last edited:
It's not the end-all-be-all drill for players but he was the slowest WR at the combine with 4.74. For comparison, 13 defensive lineman ran faster than Morgan.

What caught your eye about Morgan in that bowl game? Was it his lost fumble in the beginning of the 3rd qtr signaling the momentum swing in VT's favor in which Arkansas never scored again, that turnover led to a VT touchdown, and ultimately spurred Hokies comeback? Just curious.

I could care less about a fumble when a guy is fighting to get every inch. He could have just gone down...he didn't. It is that effort that I loved.

Ford was "just another guy" in the game I watched and got lucky from the replay booth calling his fumble incomplete...so, they both had fumbles as far as I'm concerned. The difference is, one showed real effort...one didn't.

Morgan reminds me of Eric Decker and how he plays.

Back
Top Bottom