WR or ILB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR or ILB

PhinsPhan122

Ted Hill
Reaction score
I think our draft choice is down to around 4 or 5 players, depending on who is available where we draft.

WR: Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn, Golden Tate, Brandon Lafell,
ILB: Brandon Spikes, Rolando McClain
TE: Jermaine Gresham

PLEASE GET SOME HELP!

Next year's WRs are too good. We can draft one then and bring in Antonio Bryant in the mean time.

We need to draft Linebackers like a mother****er.

If Dez is there in the first tho it'd be really hard to pass him up. With this loss I think we have a better chance of getting McClain then we did if we would've won out. I'm hoping.

Sign Karlos Dansby, and draft best available OLB. Or draft McClain and release Channing. WR will be addressed through FA and later in draft.

Yeah I think McClain would be the best pick but he probably will go in the 8-14 range, unfortunately I think we will be just beyond that.

I dont like to say this, but Rolando McLain will be gone long before we have our first selection.

That is, of course, unless somebody gets a bright idea to made a deal and move up to get him!

I think DT is another need the trio will be looking at and if Cody or Williams are still there, they'll come into consideration as well.

If we're picking between 10-14 both DTs will probably be there.

Well I doubt Byrant or Tate would still be availble in the middle of the first round. There are some good receievers out there on the free agent market like Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson or Antonio Bryant. To a lesser extent, there's the option of trying to get Miles Austin because it was Parcells who signed him to a contract in Dallas in the first place but I doubt it will happen. Those are three very good names which are a lot better than Davone Bess (if he's back), Greg Camerillo, Ted Ginn or Brian Hartline who are all "just guys." Add to that some TE's who are available...but will probably be too expensive like Owen Daniels or Tony Scheffler.

If they sign a big time WR, then the focus then turns to ILB. You have Spikes and McClain there. I think both could be gone by the time the Dolphins pick, but there's a possibility they could get one of the two. Spikes needs to check his ego at the door if he comes though...there's no way his voice should/will be louder than Taylor/Porter's.

We all know Parcells loves building his team around the pass rush. But Jason Ferguson isn't getting younger and if you're going to be move up anyway, why not go for the jugular and get the best pass rushers available and we all know who that is. Look, if the Dolphins can land a Suh or McClain, they should do it...no if ands or buts. The oppurtunity will be there and if they have already signed a receiver, they might as well go for a pass rusher. There's plenty of linebackers later in the draft but how many of them would fit right in and help the team improve next year?

If Dez is there in the first tho it'd be really hard to pass him up. With this loss I think we have a better chance of getting McClain then we did if we would've won out. I'm hoping.

Me too. Im on the McClain bandwagon and if we lose next week which is a strong possibility then we should pick around 11-14 and the chance of trading up 3 spots or so for McClain wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

If we're picking between 10-14 both DTs will probably be there.

Who are you referring to? Suh and Dan Williams?

Suh should be the first guy off the board, and should not slip out of the top 3 at worst. Williams should be still be there unless he blows up at the combine.

I dont like to say this, but Rolando McLain will be gone long before we have our first selection.

That is, of course, unless somebody gets a bright idea to made a deal and move up to get him!

I think DT is another need the trio will be looking at and if Cody or Williams are still there, they'll come into consideration as well.

110% we don't get Cody.
and as far as NT they have a history of getting em' in the later rounds so not sure if we wil spend a 1st or 2nd on em as DT have a very high bust rate in round 1. VERY high. Their job is to eat up blockers, u can find one in the later rounds to do that have u are good at evaluating talent.

If D. Bryant is there, you draft him - unless E. Berry is somehow still available. Bryant is a star WR. I see McClain as a very good ILB in the NFL - not a star, though.

This is how I see our big board:

E. Berry
D. Bryant
R. McClain

Then, it gets very fuzzy.

Back
Top Bottom