WR or ILB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR or ILB

If D. Bryant is there, you draft him - unless E. Berry is somehow still available. Bryant is a star WR. I see McClain as a very good ILB in the NFL - not a star, though.

This is how I see our big board:

E. Berry
D. Bryant
R. McClain

Then, it gets very fuzzy.

spot on

watching chris clemons his change of direction in the open field is scary bad...today was the second time this season i've seen him have an angle on a wr in the open field and not get anywhere near the guy when he put his foot in the ground and made a cut...clemons almost fell down

that's bad for a free safety

With our loss today we have fallen into the 11ish range on the draft board. Lets face it we didnt have a contender this season-with all the injuries and rookies starting but we learned alot along the way and yeah beating the steelers would be great, but I'm basing this on the notion that we are defeated (although I think we'll win).
#11 Rolando McClain ILB Alabama
#43 Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
#75 Toby Gerhart RB Stanford
#107 Myron Rolle FS FSU

watching chris clemons his change of direction in the open field is scary bad...today was the second time this season i've seen him have an angle on a wr in the open field and not get anywhere near the guy when he put his foot in the ground and made a cut...clemons almost fell down

that's bad for a free safety

Who knows? If we're drafting around in the 11 to 13 range, we might be able to draft Earl Thomas in the 2nd (if he comes out). I know that he said he'd only come out for 1st RD money, but things change.

At any rate, we're a few players (and an OC and DC) away from being a very strong team.

if it's pick #11 or whatever and we come up and eric berry dez bryant and mcclain are all there we're stupid to pass up the bpa in order:

1. berry free safety is fixed for the next decade
2. bryant #1 wr fixed
3. mcclain ilb fixed with a player with great instincts and intelligence

Who knows? If we're drafting around in the 11 to 13 range, we might be able to draft Earl Thomas in the 2nd (if he comes out). I know that he said he'd only come out for 1st RD money, but things change.

At any rate, we're a few players (and an OC and DC) away from being a very strong team.

and that would be great as well...but you don't pass up eric berry hoping that something is sitting there in the early 2nd...

this kid is nasty good

just like you don't pass up dez bryant and take a wr who you like but doesn't have the same grade later...and imo it's dez bryant and then everybody else

we should go bpa at positions of need with a pick that high

Sign Karlos Dansby, and draft best available OLB. Or draft McClain and release Channing. WR will be addressed through FA and later in draft.

Why release Crowder. He's a quality player. What does drafting McClain have to do with Crowder's status? You don't just release quality players, that is shortsighted. Crowder is a complementary player, not a star. But, I think he would play well alongside a potential star player like McClan.
Why not have both?
If anything, Ayodele should be shopped or relegated to quality backup.

i don't think that channing crowder is quality anything...he's never shown me anything but no question we need an influx of youth and speed at ilb...

if ayodele left it wouldn't bother me

and that would be great as well...but you don't pass up eric berry hoping that something is sitting there in the early 2nd...

this kid is nasty good

just like you don't pass up dez bryant and take a wr who you like but doesn't have the same grade later...and imo it's dez bryant and then everybody else

we should go bpa at positions of need with a pick that high

No, I agree. I was speaking on the basis that Berry won't be there (which, he probably won't). I would take the best player available at the positions: WR, FS, ILB, and SSOLB. Really, for me, it's Berry, Bryant, and then everyone else. McClain would be the consolation prize.

Why release Crowder. He's a quality player. What does drafting McClain have to do with Crowder's status? You don't just release quality players, that is shortsighted. Crowder is a complementary player, not a star. But, I think he would play well alongside a potential star player like McClan.
Why not have both?
If anything, Ayodele should be shopped or relegated to quality backup.

Because as I stated I would like Dansby to be signed. I would prefer a star LBer at the position the rookie then a guy who is suppose to "complement" the rookie. If Crowder stays hope its on the bench.

No, I agree. I was speaking on the basis that Berry won't be there (which, he probably won't). I would take the best player available at the positions: WR, FS, ILB, and SSOLB. Really, for me, it's Berry, Bryant, and then everyone else. McClain would be the consolation prize.

i agree...but wes bunting of nationalfootballpost.com from a scouts view didn't have bryant or berry in his top 10 mock draft right now...he had mcclain #4 overall however

i had pegged mcclain to the broncos with the first rounder they acquired from chicago but i'm hearing rumors they are looking nt and dline with that pick...source profootballweekly.com

Do NOT pick Dez Bryant. The WR class the following year is MUCH better. Let our young receivers have a chance to develop.

Pick Rolando McClain. If he's not there, then pick Earl Thomas. If he's not there, then pick the best NT available. We need youth in our defense, not offense.

I think Jermaine Gresham would be a steal in the 2nd round, but if we take Bryant and Gresham, we're taking two players that haven't played in basically a full season. I'd rather take a stud defensive player in the first, and take Gresham in the second. That way, we can give our receivers time to develop, while taking in a top-notch TE.

1. Rolando McClain
2. Earl Thomas
3. Dan Williams/Terrence Cody
4. Jerry Hughes
5. Brandon Spikes
6. Dez Bryant
7. Jermaine Gresham

Of course, this is assuming Berry, Suh, McCoy are all gone.

It seems like most of you really are focused on WR or ILB as the position to draft. Now I agree they are both extremely big needs for us at this moment, but dont forget about OLB. Taylor and Porter really getting up there in age, and dont bring much pressure anymore. Now Wake appears to be a pretty good pass rusher, but one isnt gonna get it done. Also we have no one to set the edge (Roth was very good at this). Jerry Hughes and Brandon Graham both appear to be playmakers at OLB. I think either player we should be consider aking. Just something to consider.

Do NOT pick Dez Bryant. The WR class the following year is MUCH better. Let our young receivers have a chance to develop.

Pick Rolando McClain. If he's not there, then pick Earl Thomas. If he's not there, then pick the best NT available. We need youth in our defense, not offense.

I think Jermaine Gresham would be a steal in the 2nd round, but if we take Bryant and Gresham, we're taking two players that haven't played in basically a full season. I'd rather take a stud defensive player in the first, and take Gresham in the second. That way, we can give our receivers time to develop, while taking in a top-notch TE.

1. Rolando McClain
2. Earl Thomas
3. Dan Williams/Terrence Cody
4. Jerry Hughes
5. Brandon Spikes
6. Dez Bryant
7. Jermaine Gresham

Of course, this is assuming Berry, Suh, McCoy are all gone.

give our wr's time to develop? come on now, you cant be serious. develop into what? the only wr with speed is a vagina, and then 3 possession guys. if they plan to target a wr in fa, then fine, address another need in the draft. whats wrong with taking a Dez Bryant and signing a guy, having some wr's opponents have to actually gameplan for.

i wouldn't narrow our choices down to certain positions. picking in the top 15, we have to take advantage of our draft position IMO. i wouldn't be upset at all if we brought in C.J. Spiller or Earl Thomas, to name a few guys.

Back
Top Bottom