WR ProspectS Phillip Dorsett Vs SAMMIE COATES | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR ProspectS Phillip Dorsett Vs SAMMIE COATES

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
So you're picking for the Miami Dolphins in the 2nd rd after spending the 1st on defense, now you have Philip Dorsett and Sammie Coates both available. Who do you pick ?

Dorsett, although I don't believe he'll be there. Coates fundamentals just don't do it for me. Can I have a third option? I'd prefer Devin Smith.

The second is a little high for Dorsett but if they are ditching Wallace and don't use the first pick on a receiver i might take him there. Hopefully he's still there in the third when we pick.

I hope so but you never know. Our coach has a habit of moving on from players that buck the system.

If we dont get a receiver in rd1, i would be all for drafting Sammie Coates with our 2nd rd pick. Guy reminds me of a young T.O. Sammie is big, fast, strong, and exactly what we need opposite Wallace.

I have 0 interest in Coates as we've talked about before.

And my interest in Dorsett is dropping by the day. All these players he's getting compared to based on speed and deep threat, and realistically, he's no one where near any of those guys.

Undersized players, no matter the speed, worry me more than anything else.

Sammie Coates has all the measurables, but the guy has too many drops. Dorsett on the other hand is fast, but he does not really run that great of routes. It is six of one and a half dozen of another.

Coates all day. I see his floor as a mutant Devery Henderson, which would still be good value at 47. No ceiling for Coates.

Sammie Coates has all the measurables, but the guy has too many drops. Dorsett on the other hand is fast, but he does not really run that great of routes. It is six of one and a half dozen of another.

Coates doesnt run great routes either, and doesnt separate overly well with poor hands.... thats why I would take Dorsett who i think has good footwork in and out of breaks, but just needs more experience with route running since I dont think Miami offered much to him besides the vertical.

but 2nd round for Dorsett still seems quite high for me

Coates doesnt run great routes either, and doesnt separate overly well with poor hands.... thats why I would take Dorsett who i think has good footwork in and out of breaks, but just needs more experience with route running since I dont think Miami offered much to him besides the vertical.

but 2nd round for Dorsett still seems quite high for me
Dorsett in the 3rd, but I do not know if he last that long.

Back
Top Bottom