WR ProspectS Phillip Dorsett Vs SAMMIE COATES | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR ProspectS Phillip Dorsett Vs SAMMIE COATES

Dorset is going to blow up the combine. Bank on it! I see late 1 early 2 after this weekend. Bye the way to rich for my liking.

Coates round 2 is a no brainer, you take a chance on talent. With Wallace in the fold I'd want to compliment him, but both would be good second round values.

Coates. Not really sure its even close. People talking about Dorsett blowing up the combine…just wait until they see what Coates is going to do at 6'3 215 lbs. Freakish athlete…

Coates. Not really sure its even close. People talking about Dorsett blowing up the combine…just wait until they see what Coates is going to do at 6'3 215 lbs. Freakish athlete…

lets see coates go through the WR gauntlet catching the balls first!!!

Can I hope Jaelen Strong falls to our position in the second round?

If it came down to Dorsett or Coates, I'm taking Dorsett.
1. Dorsett is working to refine his routes, whereas Coates simply hasn't run a pro stem.
2. Dorsett's drops appear to be a concentration problem that can be fixed. Coates' drops appear to be a case of naturally bad hands
3. Dorsett has more open field wiggle.

Hands definitely questionable…no argument there. That said, I think Coates is one of those guys that comes off as a guy who is going to live and breath football. Those are the kinds of guys I want on my team. He's the type of guy to stay after and work on the jug machine to get better.

Honestly I like Dorsett…but man the hype he is getting is crazy right now. I don't think he's better than Lockette.

Hey TO dropped a lot of passes too...I'm looking forward to watching Coates. Unfortunately after the combine I think we're talking a mid-first round value.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Hands definitely questionable…no argument there. That said, I think Coates is one of those guys that comes off as a guy who is going to live and breath football. Those are the kinds of guys I want on my team. He's the type of guy to stay after and work on the jug machine to get better.

Honestly I like Dorsett…but man the hype he is getting is crazy right now. I don't think he's better than Lockette.

Big time.

Plus., cant' you see Landry influencing him a little? A couple of SEC guys after practice working together, catching balls from the jugs? As a second year player, Landry's influence is going to affect the younger guys, if they draft one. Wallace probably sticks one more year due to his contract and is cut next year, that gives one of the younger WR's a year to adjust, play some w/o pressure. It would be a smart, smart move to grab Devin Smith/Strong/Coates/Dorsett in round 2 and groom them for the future.

Hey TO dropped a lot of passes too...I'm looking forward to watching Coates. Unfortunately after the combine I think we're talking a mid-first round value.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Big time.

Coates a mid first rnd pick?

Honestly I have him as a late 2nd or early 3rd. I don't think the combine tells us anything we don't know, he's another guy imo that will either move up or down based on his pro day.

Back
Top Bottom