WR Tahj Washington | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Tahj Washington

Miami's WR's are hilariously small 😭😭😭 omg

He is also good. Some similarities to Tank Dell. I didn't see him for Miami, because he's so small lol.

Whereas Malik is extremely physical and adds an element of ruggedness to the position even though he's short, Tahj is finesse. Extremely sharp and skilled. Like Malik, he's great after the catch - just a different style.
Must be a rule that we can’t draft a larger WR lol.

STRENGTHS: Speedy, sudden athlete … runs with controlled urgency to escape the jam and quickly accelerate vertically (led the Pac -12 with five catches of 50-plusyards in 2023) … tracks the ball exceptionally well in flight for late adjustments … registered just one drop on 74 targets in 2023, while making one-handed grabs when needed … catch-point focus doesn’t suffer with bodies around him … understands defensive-back leverage and attacks at the top of his stem … competitive before and after the catch with the balance and vision to elude the first tackler … averaged 19.0 yards per kick return (23/438/0) … was a gunner on punt c overages his last two seasons at USC … soft-spoken, but his coaches speak highly of his “all-in” mentality and football toughness … durable, especially for his size, and didn’t miss a game because of injury the last four seasons (50 games played) … one of six Pac-12 wide receivers to eclipse 1,000 yards receiving in 2023.

WEAKNESSES: Undersized with slight bone structure and marginal definition … doesn’t have the body power to run through NFL contact … physical coverage can bully him off his route path … short arms, small hands and underwhelming plucking radius to consistently stretch and make grabs outside his frame … doesn’t have the frame to shield defenders from the catch point … his routes are fast, but he could benefit from more pacing and patience to keep corners honest … worked primarily out of the slot the last two seasons at USC (only 6.2 percent of his snaps came on the outside in 2022 -23).

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at USC, Washington was a slot receiver in head coach Lincoln Riley’s RPO, spread scheme with heavy motions. Despite playing forfour different head coaches in his five college seasons, Washington was productive when on the field, incl uding a career year as a senior in 2023 (led the Trojans incatches, receiving yards, first-down grabs and contested catches). A fluid athlete, Washington is determined and urgent as a route runner with small but strong handsand nifty after-the-catch ability. He knows how to beat press and separate at the stem, although NFL length and physicality will raise the level of difficulty for him.Overall, Washington’s size will immediately turnoff some teams, but his competitive focus and playmaking instincts are the “make-it” qualities evaluators desireat the receiver position. He will push for slot and special-teams snaps during his rookie season.GRADE: 5th-6th Round

Miami's WR's are hilariously small 😭😭😭 omg

He is also good. Some similarities to Tank Dell. I didn't see him for Miami, because he's so small lol.

Whereas Malik is extremely physical and adds an element of ruggedness to the position even though he's short, Tahj is finesse. Extremely sharp and skilled. Like Malik, he's great after the catch - just a different style.
Maybe we get an picture of a rookie introductory press conference or something with Paul standing next to the rest of these draft picks. That would be funny.

Yeah this sounds like the worst pick of the day skill wise. He was more of a gadget player than wr for usc. He will struggle to find a role let alone make the team with a crowded room.

I would have gone for tyler Harrell or xavier weaver. Much more upside as true wide recievers.

WEAKNESSES: "Undersized with slight bone structure and marginal definition"

This is encouraging. :bobdole: :bobdole::bobdole:

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

I mentioned that Tahj Washington was great after the catch, but he was even better than I remembered, averaging 8.6 YAC! He's super slick. Curious to see how they envision him.
saw where it mentions he is one of the best blocking wrs from this draft. I imagine the vision is to use him during running downs and as a special teamer

Back
Top Bottom