WR Tahj Washington | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Tahj Washington

saw where it mentions he is one of the best blocking wrs from this draft. I imagine the vision is to use him during running downs and as a special teamer

Yeah, both WR's are weirdly good fits. Quirky af, but I can see it working, because they do the things that sing in this offense. I can't get over how small they are though 😅😅

Another way they complement Hill and Waddle. Malik had a 2.6% drop rate (excellent). Tahj had a 1.7% drop rate. Miami really upped the skill of their WR room.

Last edited:
Yeah this sounds like the worst pick of the day skill wise. He was more of a gadget player than wr for usc. He will struggle to find a role let alone make the team with a crowded room.

I would have gone for tyler Harrell or xavier weaver. Much more upside as true wide recievers.
Strange how a gadget player lead the team in catches, receiving yards, first down catches and contested catches. Not saying he wont be a gadget/special teams player at the NFL level but he seems like most of our picks to have been the #1 [blank] on their college squad.

Miami's WR's are hilariously small 😭😭😭 omg

He is also good. Some similarities to Tank Dell. I didn't see him for Miami, because he's so small lol.

Whereas Malik is extremely physical and adds an element of ruggedness to the position even though he's short, Tahj is finesse. Extremely sharp and skilled. Like Malik, he's great after the catch - just a different style

Man give it to me straight.
How was our draft? You are resource I trust most.

Man give it to me straight.
How was our draft? You are resource I trust most.

I was pretty fixated on taking advantage of the OL and WR talent early, and I really wanted Ben Sinnott and thought Johnny Wilson or a bigger WR made sense.

I didn't anticipate Miami looking for smaller WR's, and I did not expect either Malik or Tahj Washington to be available at 158. Some really good WR's slipped through the cracks, and it wasn't just Miami taking advantage.

But, because they were available, and because Miami was fine drafting them despite their size, they were able to up the skill of the WR room and add complementary skillsets even if they look Like they might not add anything to Hill and Waddle. Both are excellent after the catch, have excellent hands, and play with real toughness.

I had Malik Washington, Jaylen Wright, and Mohamed Kamara as Top 100 players. I had Malik as a Top 75 grade and Wright was right on the fringe.

Wright, like the WR's, brings some sameness, but he adds something new - he's excellent in pass pro, and he's 210 lbs. So, I kinda like that Miami is saying, We want guys who have these qualities, and we'll diversify within the subtleties of their games rather than getting guys who are obvious contrasts. But, with Wright, Achane, Mostert, every handoff will be to a back who can take it 80. I love that. We'll see them use two at a time, I'm sure, and we'll see Achane get some more work as a receiver.

I think Miami was ultimately able to take advantage of the strength and depth of the OL and WR classes, which I thought was really important. They just took a different approach than I expected.

They also added a supremely talented pass rusher in Chop Robinson. I think they did great.

Also, thank you. That's very kind.

Last edited:
Interesting. Maybe we aren’t signing Odell after all.

Never hurts to groom cheaper, younger guys. Couldn’t imagine they both make the roster.

Berrios and Cracraft can’t be thrilled with recent developments in the last hour.
Didn't see any polls asking if we wanted Odell but it's a pass from me. Rather have hungry WRs from this Rookie class.

I was pretty fixated on taking advantage of the OL and WR talent early, and I really wanted Ben Sinnott and thought Johnny Wilson or a bigger WR made sense.

I didn't anticipate Miami looking for smaller WR's, and I did not expect either Malik or Tahj Washington to be available at 158. Some really good WR's slipped through the cracks, and it wasn't just Miami taking advantage.

But, because they were available, and because Miami was fine drafting them despite their size, they were able to up the skill of the WR room and add complementary skillsets even if they look Like they might not add anything to Hill and Waddle. Both are excellent after the catch, have excellent hands, and play with real toughness.

I had Malik Washington, Jaylen Wright, and Mohamed Kamara as Top 100 players. I had Malik as a Top 75 grade and Wright was right on the fringe.

Wright, like the WR's, brings some sameness, but he adds something new - he's excellent in pass pro, and he's 210 lbs. So, I kinda like that Miami is saying, We want guys who have these qualities, and we'll diversify within the subtleties of their games rather than getting guys who are obvious contrasts. But, with Wright, Achane, Mostert, every handoff will be to a back who can take it 80. I love that. We'll see them use two at a time, I'm sure, and we'll see Achane get some more work as a receiver.

I think Miami was ultimately able to take advantage of the strength and depth of the OL and WR classes, which I thought was really important. They just took a different approach than I expected.

They also added a supremely talented pass rusher in Chop Robinson. I think they did great.

Thanks man. You made this draft season great. Your work that you put it was great. But you also took time to respond and answer questions from us. We just want Miami to succeed and you didn’t lose sight of that. I don’t know if I am more impressed by your football iq or how you treat people. They are both equally impressive. Job well done !

Thanks man. You made this draft season great. Your work that you put it was great. But you also took time to respond and answer questions from us. We just want Miami to succeed and you didn’t lose sight of that. I don’t know if I am more impressed by your football iq or how you treat people. They are both equally impressive. Job well done !

It's my pleasure, and thank you 🥂 I like talking about this stuff 🐬🐬

Miami's WR's are hilariously small 😭😭😭 omg

He is also good. Some similarities to Tank Dell. I didn't see him for Miami, because he's so small lol.

Whereas Malik is extremely physical and adds an element of ruggedness to the position even though he's short, Tahj is finesse. Extremely sharp and skilled. Like Malik, he's great after the catch - just a different style.
They be playing hide and seek like Reek behind the Oline pre snap... hopefully not at the same time.

Or...

They were picked to make Tua look taller in the huddle. 🤫

Funny joke but he actually is a gifted route runner.
He absolutely is and that's exactly why it isn't a joke. It wasn't meant to be derogatory at all. He probably knows the offense and its nuances as well as anyone. He would make a great teacher, IMO.

He is older, nearing or at the end of his playing career.

Nice 👍

Its pure speculation...but given the WRs we have found in the draft could it be possible the front office is thinking why spend on Beckham when the money is free and instead go vet oline? Because that's how I'm thinking this might be playing out...then again are any vets available worth the money we will have to spend? ....we shall see...

Must be a rule that we can’t draft a larger WR lol.
Hey man, some guys are tit guys, some are ass guys, and some are midget guys. MCD def has his 'type'.
owm-midget.gif

Back
Top Bottom