Ya think Miami's already made a trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ya think Miami's already made a trade?

It's certainly possible. I believe we were talking to the Bears about trading Brandon Marshall before you were allowed to officially make the trade.

I'm not really sure who we'd trade for though, since there's really nobody on the trade block that we could use. Maybe Ireland is trying to make the best out of Incognito's value after his pro bowl appearance? I don't know, but I'm sure almost every team is talking about something right now, whether it be free agency or trade.

Namndi Asoumuha for a 4th and let Sean Smith walk? Philly threatened cut voiced fondness for Smith?

Interesting. But I doubt we've made a trade. Honestly, all of our hole-positions are available between our ample salary cap space and our draft picks. It's just a matter of deciding which of our own FA's to resign, who we land from other teams in FA, and filling the remainder in the draft. The only 2 hard-to-get positions that might have difficulty filling with producers for next season would be LT and WR. Obviously, between Long, Martin and the #12 pick and our cap space we have a lot of options there, so no need to trade. WR is trickier because while the draft is optimal, most aren't instant-contributors unless you grab Jennings or Wallace or draft someone who already fits the system like Swope. But with Hartline and Bess on the roster, all a rookie would need to do is provide a reasonable deep threat if we failed to bring in a FA. So, I don't see the need/motivation on our point to trade just yet.

This may all change after FA ends and we have to re-assess.

The trade I keep seeing and reading about is Matt Moore to Cleveland !

Sorry...not trade, but Cleveland interest in Moore !

Last edited by a moderator:
Miles Austin or Jermicahel Finley would make loads of sense. Both moves would benefit this team a great deal so they seem highly unlikely to me. If one things for sure, this franchise doesn't really make great football decisions.

Trading for Aso makes no sense. His contract is inflated, he is one dimensional and there are questions as to how much he has left in the tank. Matt Moore is a FA. Unless they did a sign and trade that won't be happening and Cleveland is not looking to replace Weeden. The only trade that could be Dolphins related is Jennings in a sign and trade. But he is a FA and I don't see the Packers being in a financial position to accomplish this.

Honestly, all of our hole-positions are available between our ample salary cap space and our draft picks.

Do you really think we have enough cap space and draft picks to upgrade at all ten positions that require upgrade or replacement due to free agency (LT, LG, RG, TE, WR, WR, DE, LB, CB, CB)? It seems like a real stretch to think that we'll hit on all ten positions. We might hit on 4 or 5 if we are lucky, but ten is an awfully large number.

Hopefully, its a swap with Dallas where the phins get an additional 3rd.

#18 is a better place to select Eifert, Allen, Patterson, or even Jordan depending on his medical condition.

Back
Top Bottom