Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft

I have mixed feelings about this. I have watched many Notre Dame games and quite honestly haven't been blown away with Brady Quinn's talent. Yes, he has very good numbers and has had memorable performances in a couple of big games but I'm not completely sold on him.

That being said, if Miami has the opportunity to draft him in April and passes then this franchise is in for many long winters. I may not be that impressed by him but under the right coach (Cameron) and a strong supporting cast he could be the answer for Miami.

If Quinn somehow slips to us, we have to take him. People say stuff about him not being able to perform in big games, well IMO I think the guy is a good qb and will translate well on the NFL level. I was hoping he would have declared last year when we might have had a shot at him as well. If he comes to us..I won't complain

wow i cant belive they dont have adrian peterson goin in the top 10 i think hes goin number3/4 to the Cleveland Browns

wow i cant belive they dont have adrian peterson goin in the top 10 i think hes goin number3/4 to the Cleveland Browns

With a possibility of Irons or Bush being there in the 2nd round, I could definitely see them trying to sure up thier d-line in round 1, or taking Joe Thomas if he is there.

if we can take quinn in 9 it would be graet especially because cam is good with qb and can devolp him well if cam is named head coach

While I don't think the combine alone is the main determination, the fact is that it is a big portion of the consideration. Why? Because if the guy is fast, strong, laterally quick and has a strong accurate arm, they tend to be better candidates than slow week noodle arms that happen to be on a good team that won games. Names like Crouch, Leaf, Toretta come to mind. Supposedly great QB's in college, but did nothing when they went pro. Teams figure if they have the raw skills and the ability to learn, they can be molded once they get into the NFL.

As far as Quinn, I'm not a big ND fan or Quinn supporter, but if he has the skills . . . then why not at the #9 pick? Besides, you have to like the fact that we might dump Mare to give him #10 jersey.

He had a great comeback twice this season. Especially against UCLA.

Regrettably so. He played real well against us down the stretch despite the pressure our two good DE's put on. But he can make it up by spurring on great comebacks for the Dolphins. :D

What is a QB gonna do at the combine to change your mind?

Not to mention a lot of the "elite" prospects don't even do all the workouts at the combine. A lot(not a lot, but you know what I mean) of players wait for thier pro days so they can be even more prepared.

Back
Top Bottom