Yermiah Bell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yermiah Bell

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Everybody is thinking Edwards might be able to take the job away from Freeman but don't over look Bell.This guy can play and he already getting praises from head coach.I know its Mini-camp and there no contact but I think this guy can become a very good player.

"Wannstedt praised nickel cornerback Reggie Howard, starting left guard Jeno James, reserve safety Yeremiah Bell and rookie tailback Fred Russell for their play in the first two days of minicamps."

I saw him in college, and he was a first day talent before he blew his knee out playing pick up basketball.

I see. Lets hope he can be another Wale although Bell was drafted. Where did he go to school? Kentucky?

MelbournePhin said:
I see. Lets hope he can be another Wale although Bell was drafted. Where did he go to school? Kentucky?

South Carolina.

Yeah. Bell went to Eastern Kentucky.

I know it is early but who do you guys feel will be the odd safety out? I like Atkins on special teams and Bell is intriguing. Is Edwards in danger of not making the team?

If we lose a S, my bet would be Wooden. He has had to fight for a job every year but the youth movement ahead of him makes this year look doubtful. As you say, its early though.

Bell played at a small school and hasn't played football in two years. I don't see him competing for a starting job.

The only thing with Shawn, everyone loves him, and he is a fan favorite in the community, coaching staff, and his team mates love him. I know that doesn't mean anything when it comes to on the field play, but he is just as good as any safety on ST's, and is a quality backup. I don't like freeman at all, i would love for him to get cut. He is actually the highest paid Safety on our roster.

Im just trying to figure out this Yeremiah Bell phenomenon.I just dont see how anybody can have a strong gauge of his play and potential.

Bell is a player that is around 6-0, 195 lbs. He started at cornerback for two years at EKU before moving to free safety. He was a two time 1AA All-American as a safety.

From what I remember of him, he was a player that had great range in coverage and was very good in run support. Going into his senior season, he was projected to go in the top 3 rounds of the draft. He was probably one of the top 5-6 safety prospects period. He blew his knee out, and this caused him to drop in the draft.

I think Antuan Edwards and Shawn Wooden both could be in trouble. I could see the Dolphins keeping Freeman, Knight, Bell, and Quinton Williams at safety.

Back
Top Bottom