Yermiah Bell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yermiah Bell

Phinsdude said:
I don't like freeman at all, i would love for him to get cut. He is actually the highest paid Safety on our roster.

Hmmmm... I'd like for him to step up, but if he can't win the starting spot, and I mean win it, I hope they cut his arse too. He was a #2 pick 4 years ago and I haven't seen him do anything to demonstrate he was worth it.

Freeman was a 5th round pick, not a #2 pick.

Quinton Williams is a 5-11, 200 lbs safety that is very good in run support and is good in the deep zone coverage.

Here is what "The War Room" had to say about him:

STRENGTHS: Fills hard against the run, will throw his body around and is a fine open-field tackler who has good pop at the point of attack. Will make some big hits over the middle, has adequate hands, ball skills, straight-line speed and range in zone coverage if he doesn't take false steps.

WEAKNESSES: Plays like a strong safety but doesn't have the size to hold up near the line of scrimmage. Has stiff hips and lacks change-of-direction skills. Is too small to match up one-on-one with bigger tight ends and lacks the athletic ability and speed to match up against most slot receivers.

BOTTOM LINE: Williams is a tough and productive player who could be a versatile reserve defensive back and special teams contributor.

A common thread that I've seen in all of the players Miami drafted and have signed is their work ethic. All of them are hard workers. There isn't a single person with a questionable work ethic in the bunch.

I'm not finding much on Jerome Stevens.

MelbournePhin said:
How do you know he can play? Did you watch him in college?

Not exactly.I have friend who goes to EKU and told me this guy can develop into a very good player.

well the lunch pail type mentality of all the players drafted ... kinda fits what rick spielman is all about... he and his brother were both the same types .. so rick seems to be partial to the workman like types.. all are great anticipator's on the field and react and read plays well ... i love this type of draft mentality .. at the very least you get a good if not great special teams player ... so with bell .. we will see the fruits of this kids labor real soon .. all that i read about him is he was top 3 - 4 round talent before his injury .. he brings coverage and tackling ability to the safety spot .. hope it pans out for him and the team .. we need youth and speed on defense ...

Back
Top Bottom