Yes, I can put together a decent case for picking up Quincy Carter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, I can put together a decent case for picking up Quincy Carter

RunTravisRun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First, our "people" would have to look into his releasing. Tuna had to have a good reason for cutting him....he was clearly the starter in my book. However, if you take a closer look at it....I think he would be a good pick-up.

What was he asked to do last year? He played with a good recieving group, a good D.....and a fair at best RB. He led them to the playoffs...A playoff game in which they competed very well against Carolina.

In Miami he would have to do the exact same thing. He would have a very simliar Defense, but we can pressure the opposing QB better than dallas could last year. He would be playing with a very similiar group of recievers....and a running-game that will be better than troy hambrick of a year ago.

He can manage the game, making some big throws when he needs to....and rely on our running-game and D. As I said, our D is better....and our running-game simply cannot be any worse than Hambricks "rumbling straight ahead, slow as dirt, I'll just get 3 yards and die, and end up with 900 yards" running game last year.

A lot of people see a backup QB in Carter. But, I for one have always liked how he managed games. He is also much younger and more mobile than fiedler/feely.......we shouldnt underestimate the effect that a good scambling QB would have on our offense. Maybe I am crazy, but camp just started, we can get him very cheap, and I think he would be a great pick-up to compete for the starting job.

He's got an arm and athleticism. But 17 TDs and 21 INTs last year is not the greatest stat. And he's never thrown more TDs than INTs in a season.

Maybe a running game would help.

RunTravisRun said:
First, our "people" would have to look into his releasing. Tuna had to have a good reason for cutting him....he was clearly the starter in my book. However, if you take a closer look at it....I think he would be a good pick-up.

What was he asked to do last year? He played with a good recieving group, a good D.....and a fair at best RB. He led them to the playoffs...A playoff game in which they competed very well against Carolina.

In Miami he would have to do the exact same thing. He would have a very simliar Defense, but we can pressure the opposing QB better than dallas could last year. He would be playing with a very similiar group of recievers....and a running-game that will be better than troy hambrick of a year ago.

He can manage the game, making some big throws when he needs to....and rely on our running-game and D. As I said, our D is better....and our running-game simply cannot be any worse than Hambricks "rumbling straight ahead, slow as dirt, I'll just get 3 yards and die, and end up with 900 yards" running game last year.

A lot of people see a backup QB in Carter. But, I for one have always liked how he managed games. He is also much younger and more mobile than fiedler/feely.......we shouldnt underestimate the effect that a good scambling QB would have on our offense. Maybe I am crazy, but camp just started, we can get him very cheap, and I think he would be a great pick-up to compete for the starting job.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Ahhh but now comes the inevitible "Should we trade Fiedler to the Cowboys?" question

Will not happen. Too bad he's not an RB that's all I have to say.

Carter was released because he failed a drug test... Still want him?

RunTravisRun said:

I read your Signature first and realized there was no need to waste anytime reading your post .

Muck said:
He's got an arm and athleticism. But 17 TDs and 21 INTs last year is not the greatest stat. And he's never thrown more TDs than INTs in a season.

Maybe a running game would help.
You tried to put together a decent case for Quincy Carter, but you didn't. Just kidding. Why would we want a QB like Carter? He throws a decent long ball, but he's not smart enough (yet?) to avoid all the stupid mistakes and INT's. As much as I want Fiedler dethroned, I'd much rather have him than Carter.

Uggykurky said:

:yeahthat: what he said :roflmao:

He has a better arm than A.J and isn't enough credentials for some of you to think he a good QB?

Some of you think that having a strong arm makes you a GOOD QB on Sundays.

I was simply making his case.

And BlueFin....you read my signature first, that shows that you are really into the threads on here. I actually like your signature though.....I believe that was....Thomas Jefferson who said that? I could be wrong.....I have read it beofre though. Anyway, I dont care what you think of my signature, frankly. This site is about the threads not the signatures. But because you dis-agree with my political views, don't boycott my posts. If I must say, most are very good. :)

minus said:
He has a better arm than A.J and isn't enough credentials for some of you to think he a good QB?

Some of you think that having a strong arm makes you a GOOD QB on Sundays.

So does drunkenmiller

I was simply making his case.

BlueFin, I like your signature....I believe that was thomas jefferson who said thaT? I could be wrong, but I have read it somewhere.

Anyway, just because you dont agree with my political views, dont boycott my threads. Most are simply orgasmic :)

BlueFin said:
I read your Signature first and realized there was no need to waste anytime reading your post .

Of course because the only opinion that is valid could be from someone who thinks JUST LIKE YOU right? How can you BE informed unless allow yourself to be informed. Maybe its because if you only listen to those who think just like you, you are never wrong.

This problem exists on both sides by the way, I know plenty of liberals who dismiss what conservatives say just because they are conservatives and never really listen to the idea itself. I call it "Partisan Hearing". To me its one of the biggest problems of the 2 Party system.

Back
Top Bottom