Yes, I can put together a decent case for picking up Quincy Carter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, I can put together a decent case for picking up Quincy Carter

minus said:
I know.

I'm talking about some of the people (Actually is more than half the people) who think having a good arm makes a good QB on sundays.The same people who are in love with A.J Feeley without seeing him play in a game.
I don't believe that, but I know NOT having a good arm has NOT made Jay Fiedler a good quarterback

13isgr81 said:
Of course because the only opinion that is valid could be from someone who thinks JUST LIKE YOU right? How can you BE informed unless allow yourself to be informed. Maybe its because if you only listen to those who think just like you, you are never wrong.

This problem exists on both sides by the way, I know plenty of liberals who dismiss what conservatives say just because they are conservatives and never really listen to the idea itself. I call it "Partisan Hearing". To me its one of the biggest problems of the 2 Party system.
The reason is the Signature was filled with propaganda, I listen to facts.

FlyingElvis said:
You guys gotta start thinking that the Dolphins are in a lot of trouble if they are entertaining the thought of picking up some of the trash thats been mentioned on this message board. Tim Brown, Q. Carter. etc. :rolleyes:

:eek: Did you just compare Tim Brown to Quincy Carter? That is the stretch of all stretches!

No, I don't think we should pick up Quincy. Even if 13 of his 21 INTs last year were made outside the pocket, that still means his decision-making skills are suspect.

Even without the drug implications, it just doesn't seem worth it. WITH those implications, it's pretty much open-and-shut.

FlyingElvis said:
You guys gotta start thinking that the Dolphins are in a lot of trouble if they are entertaining the thought of picking up some of the trash thats been mentioned on this message board. Tim Brown, Q. Carter. etc. :rolleyes:

No, some of our fans are under educated. Products of the Florida schools system. I think we should sign Geno Toretta. He won a national championship in college, and he played at Miami. Idiots !!!!

Carter has a decent arm, but he is inconsistant, makes bad decisions, has questionable accuracy, and now appears to have a problem with cocaine. I dont think Perry Mason could make a decent case for picking up Quincy Carter.

Uggykurky said:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I second or third that motion.

RunTravisRun said:
First, our "people" would have to look into his releasing. Tuna had to have a good reason for cutting him....he was clearly the starter in my book. However, if you take a closer look at it....I think he would be a good pick-up.

What was he asked to do last year? He played with a good recieving group, a good D.....and a fair at best RB. He led them to the playoffs...A playoff game in which they competed very well against Carolina.

In Miami he would have to do the exact same thing. He would have a very simliar Defense, but we can pressure the opposing QB better than dallas could last year. He would be playing with a very similiar group of recievers....and a running-game that will be better than troy hambrick of a year ago.

He can manage the game, making some big throws when he needs to....and rely on our running-game and D. As I said, our D is better....and our running-game simply cannot be any worse than Hambricks "rumbling straight ahead, slow as dirt, I'll just get 3 yards and die, and end up with 900 yards" running game last year.

A lot of people see a backup QB in Carter. But, I for one have always liked how he managed games. He is also much younger and more mobile than fiedler/feely.......we shouldnt underestimate the effect that a good scambling QB would have on our offense. Maybe I am crazy, but camp just started, we can get him very cheap, and I think he would be a great pick-up to compete for the starting job.
Why.We already have a QB of Equal talent.Jay.

You could make an arguement for a third string position instead of Sage.

Good case for Quincy, he gets lots of coke straight from Colombia, much cheaper than in Dallas.

BlueFin said:
I read your Signature first and realized there was no need to waste anytime reading your post .

LOL......I was thinking the exact same thing when I read his post! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom