Your favorite draft cliches and meaning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your favorite draft cliches and meaning

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
SO sick of all these draft clichés ???

MINE...TWEENER
MEANING "JACK OF TRADE." NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A PATICULAR POSITION.

ALSO "RAW" . MEANING HE SUCKS!

"REACH"

Meaning: That team's GM can't evaluate players as well as I can.

"If he stops getting injured,he has potential."...the bane of every Dolphin fan....

Day 1 starter. Generally means that you have no talent at the position that an unproven 21 year old can assume the job.

" scheme fit " . Either you can play or you can't.

" scheme fit " . Either you can play or you can't.

Not true. Every player has a skill set. Scheme fit is very real.

It's how and why NE thrives with other team's castoffs that couldn't tailor their scheme to get the most out of them.

"(Insert white WR's name here) has deceptive speed." I won't bother to explain the meaning

NFL caliber arm. That's got to be one of the most overrated aspects of playing quarterback.

Best Player Available and the corollary you draft the BPA and not for need. While I generally agree with the idea, it is overly-simplistic. Especially when you consider "scheme fit" as mentioned above.

Best Player Available and the corollary you draft the BPA and not for need. While I generally agree with the idea, it is overly-simplistic. Especially when you consider "scheme fit" as mentioned above.

I'm on board with that. BPA really is a bunch of nonsense and impractical. It has a symbiotic relationship with need and doesn't stand alone.

Back
Top Bottom