Your opinions please! (Matt Schaub) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your opinions please! (Matt Schaub)

fitskin said:
Please oh please sign us up for someone with a 61.9 percent QB Rating. He isn't even that good.
What about his 90.3 for this season? You do realize that 61 is for only a handful of games & most came in his rookie season.

Whichever team gets Brees/Rivers will leave the rest fighting over Leinart and Schaub. Schuab will cost one first round pick and Leinart will cost two and more.

NaboCane said:
Why do you guys keep harping on this? Schaub isn't going anywhere, Vick is made of fine crystal, the birds need more backup QB's not fewer!

I don't understand why they would let one of the league's better back ups get away. Unless Schaub makes it clear that he doesn't want to be in Atlanta, I don't think he will be going anywhere. Especially considering Vick's style of play.

morich74 said:
I think Shaub has played well, but let's not forget that Feeley looked pretty good in relief of McNabb back in Philadelphia. My money's on Jay Cutler.

No more JAYS Please!!!!

Dphins4me said:
What about his 90.3 for this season? You do realize that 61 is for only a handful of games & most can in his rookie season.

He had something like a 47% completion percentage in the game he started this year, against the pats.

dolphan98 said:
I don't understand why they would let one of the league's better back ups get away. Unless Schaub makes it clear that he doesn't want to be in Atlanta, I don't think he will be going anywhere. Especially considering Vick's style of play.
Its about cashing in. They spent a 3rd Rd pick on him.. If they can turn that around & get a mid No. 1 for him & improve their team at another position then they will. They will be able to land a solid back up QB in FA. Heck Aaron Brooks looks to be available this coming offseason. Heck Gus is a solid backup & might be available.

fitskin said:
He had something like a 47% completion percentage in the game he started this year, against the pats.
So. He is a second year QB learning the pro game.. I'm more impressed that he threw 49 times in a game & did not throw a pick & had 3 TD passes, plus lead his team to 28 points.

Its about where you think he will ascend to, not where he is at now.

Silverphin said:
Disclaimer: This not meant to start a 'bring Matt Schaub to Miami' bandwagon. If it does, I am not responsible.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on Matt Schaub? What are some of his pros and cons? Should he be considered and off-season option? If he was, what do you think it would take for us to get him down here?
He'd come cheaper than Rivers.

tylerdolphin said:
Id give a first for Shaub. What better to use the 1st on than a QB? And what appears to be a good one

Wow! You guys are unbelieveable...Shaub looks as good in a back-up role as AJ Feeley did with Philly. Gimme a break.

DreamWeaver said:
Wow! You guys are unbelieveable...Shaub looks as good in a back-up role as AJ Feeley did with Philly. Gimme a break.

Schaub has looked much better than Feeley ever did at times and he lacks Feeley's overall inexperience problems. I'm not saying Matt Schaub is the next great QB, but he has done reasonably well on a team that is geared toward a QB who has a completely different style and thus was hard to backup.....just look at how Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner did in that disaster of a season a few years ago.

Sirspud said:
Schaub has looked much better than Feeley ever did at times and he lacks Feeley's overall inexperience problems. I'm not saying Matt Schaub is the next great QB, but he has done reasonably well on a team that is geared toward a QB who has a completely different style and thus was hard to backup.....just look at how Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner did in that disaster of a season a few years ago.

Feeley was 4-1 backing up McNabb (a similar QB to Vick) in a West Coast Offense (same as Atlanta)....Schaub did play well vs. the Pats and he MAY be a solid QB. But he's just the flavor of the week on this board. Give it some time and we'll have the same post on Mike McMahon if he wins a few games in Philly.

DreamWeaver said:
it's easy to make statements like that when you have no clue what you're talking about. schaub is a franchise QB

kastofsna120 said:
it's easy to make statements like that when you have no clue what you're talking about. schaub is a franchise QB

"Schaub is a franchise QB".......What would give you that idea? How well he played vs. a depleated NE defense? Please fill the rest of us in, o' great one.

kastofsna120 said:

I agree. Can you beleeeeeeeb it?

Back
Top Bottom