Your "too early" 53 prediction? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your "too early" 53 prediction?

We got some fun roster battles shaping up.

My surprise cut candidate: Jordan Phillips

Completely agree on both players. The team liked Asiata enough to draft him even though he isn't experience in our kind of blocking scheme. Worst case scenario is he gets a redshirt year.

And Dobbs, well, he seems like a really phenomenal young man, but I don't think he has any future as a pro quarterback. When I can't tell if his interceptions are due to bad decisions or even worse accuracy, that is a bad sign.

I'd add C.J. Beathard also. No idea why he and Dobbs were drafted where they were.

Mahomes too for that matter. Especially considering the huge trade up for him. But at least Mahomes has one of the best QB developers in the business in Andy Reid to work with him and coach him up. That pick could pay off for the Chiefs. No way the other two do in my opinion.

I just think the Steelers envision Dobbs as a Charlie Batch type career backup. I just don't think he's as good as Batch was coming out of college though.

Asiata looked good against backups. Lets see him start in the third pre-season game at least, and go from there. But ya he did look good....just against backups.

Asiata showed what you want to see.. the effort is there amd the abilty to drive guys into the ground

Either Fales or Doughty should end up on the PS. I doubt anyone will sign these guys out from under us. They are emergency QBs at best.

We got some fun roster battles shaping up.

My surprise cut candidate: Jordan Phillips
Now that's an interesting talking point, the only reason I don't see it is because we are relativity thin at the position at least for this season. If we pick up another DT in the draft(a good one) or a FA who could ball he is done. I don't know what FA would be available next year, but I do know the Phins will be looking as they should be.

Back
Top Bottom