Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor lobbying for Jim Bates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor lobbying for Jim Bates

DoctorFeelgood

The one that makes ya feel alright
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I was watching ESPN earlier and they mentioned Jim Bates as a candidate for the HC job and said that Zach and JT had already been campaigning for Jim to come back.

Sorry no link, it was something I saw on television...

Hehe that's where I got the name from. Hire him aleady we need to re-strategize and have everything ready for the draft.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I was watching ESPN earlier and they mentioned Jim Bates as a candidate for the HC job and said that Zach and JT had already been campaigning for Jim to come back.

Sorry no link, it was something I saw on television...

As much as I love Zach and JT, they are not the future, and while they're input should be respected, it should not be listened to. This team needs a full re-build. Zach and JT are not a part of that re-build. We have to do what's best for the organization looking 3-4 years down the road. Neither one of them will be here in 3 or 4 more years.

I say give Zach and JT what they want. They have done so much for the organization. You can't train rookies without mentors. They are the mentors and they deserve Jim Bates.

JT and Zach want Bates to come because they want everything to stay the same. They like the defensive scheme they are in and that's great we should probably try to keep that but I think if Bates came in he wouldn't shake things up and the offense would essentially stay the same as well as the defense which isn't really going to get us anywhere. Not to mention the guy is up in the years, we need to get a younger guy that's going to be here for a long time.

Bates as DC but not HC. I really want an offensive minded coach. I would really prefer to keep Capers as DC, but if he's passed over for the HC job, he may leave any way.

As much as I love Zach and JT, they are not the future, and while they're input should be respected, it should not be listened to. This team needs a full re-build. Zach and JT are not a part of that re-build. We have to do what's best for the organization looking 3-4 years down the road. Neither one of them will be here in 3 or 4 more years.

Couldn't agree more. Zach and Jason should have no say / input on our new coaching situation what so ever. As much as I respect them both as players, they're not in our future plans regardless....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

Horrible idea. Does anyone honestly think Bates can outcoach the rest of the teams in the AFC? He's very vanilla and plain. Great guy, but doesn't have what it takes for success in the modern NFL.

Horrible idea. Does anyone honestly think Bates can outcoach the rest of the teams in the AFC? He's very vanilla and plain. Great guy, but doesn't have what it takes for success in the modern NFL.

Thats about as true as it gets.

I really want to see Mike Martz or Cam Cameron brought in.........we need an offensive mind.

Well I want someone to shake things up so I hope they hire that guy that ESPN news announced.

i think bates will do well if we offered him the hc job...look what he did with the mess wanny left behind...he got 3 more wins and one vs the patriots when they were a powerhouse...hes old and wise, look at what mckeon did to the marlins

you have no idea what he has, lets not pretend

look at Marinelli, he is no rocket scientist but NFL people swear by him

I don't think anyone on this board have a clue to how good of a coach bates is. We don't know if he's good or bad... Just that he's coached some pretty good defenses for us.

However, I want an offensive minded coach as well. Saban was a defensive minded but he knew how important offense was. And that is the last time I will have anything positive to say about that man. I bought into everything he had to say and then he does this. He's the equivalent of all those politicians that send troops off to war never realizing what they are truely doing. Telling them to "persavere" "stay the course" "fight, fight, fight". And you did it... never questioning... But the moment they can get something better for themselves, they're off.

Hopefully we get someone that is willing to endure it all with us. It never seemed like Saban was going to be around very long anyway. Might have broughton us one superbowl or a few playoff appearances but then was gone for something better.

We need a guy like Shula, Cower, or BB.

As much money as Saban is making... Bama is NOT going to be very patient with him. I hope he gets everything he deserves. The man just sold his soul to the Devil.

I'm a little bitter about this because that man preached alot of good things. Such as taking the road less traveled, or not taking the easy route, because at the end things are so much better. I have personally made choices in my life believing in that very same thing.

I would not have BOLTED, for any amount of money, I would have finished what I had started. If he wants to say it was a family thing then I think that's a bunch of BS.

Because there are alot of things I bend with, with my girl. But when it comes to personal integrity, finishing what I started, or personal beliefs, I do not bend. I pull out the card "babe, I give in with alot of things, but this is something I can not bend on, I NEED to have this, I HAVE to have it this way" And if she can't deal with that... Then I never would have been with her in the first place because something like that would have came up along time ago.

Sorry, just venting... Very upset about this, bought into alot of what he had to say, defended him every chance I could. The moment he met with Bama, I was done with him. People believed in him... trusted him... Very selfish act we witnessed...

All I know is that we would be in BIG, BIG trouble if we hired Mularkey, Capers, or Bates as our head coach. If you thought Wanny was bad......

Back
Top Bottom