Zach Thomas left off TSN's top 100 NFL players list | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas left off TSN's top 100 NFL players list

nyjunc said:
Great is ray lewis, great was Mike Singletary. I'm sorry but Zach was never at the level of those 2. That's not an insult to Zach but Singletary is a HOFer and Ray is a future HOFer while Zach will not be a HOFer. Very good player, one of the top MLBs of his generation but never truly great.
imo I don't think zach will be first ballot as things are now, but he does make it one day.

Wildbill3 said:
imo I don't think zach will be first ballot as things are now, but he does make it one day.

I don't believe he or taylor will make it, the only current player who will make it is Seau(as of now, who knows how god the younger players become down the road).

nyjunc said:
I don't believe he or taylor will make it, the only current player who will make it is Seau(as of now, who knows how god the younger players become down the road).
Well it is good to know we disagree again. :D

nyjunc said:
Great is ray lewis, great was Mike Singletary. I'm sorry but Zach was never at the level of those 2. That's not an insult to Zach but Singletary is a HOFer and Ray is a future HOFer while Zach will not be a HOFer. Very good player, one of the top MLBs of his generation but never truly great.

my god... you promised us you'd leave this debate on the last page, and yet here you are again making sure yours is the last word... when does it stop?

anyhow, for all your endless posturing and OPINION, you're wrong... and thankfully, people like you are not in charge of the voting...

with another 2-3 solid seasons, Zach will be in the Hall... certainly not first ballot, but he's most definitely Hall material... if James Lofton, Elven Bethea, Billy Shaw and Mel Renfro can make the Hall, Zach will... sorry, as much as you might hate it, and despite your stretch argument that he's responsible for Miami defensive breakdowns in January, he's been that good.... if you dismiss tackles (even though that IS the primary responsibilty of a linebacker) consider 15 INT, 4 touchdowns, 35 passes defensed, countless goalline stops to WIN games (Atlanta, 2001)...

but you know, it not so much that you and i disagree... it's that you're just so smug and obnoxiously confident in everything you spew... 15,000 posts between here and GangGreen.... have you EVER admitted you're wrong?.... do you do anything else with your sunny day?

PressCoverage said:
my god... you promised us you'd leave this debate on the last page, and yet here you are again making sure yours is the last word... when does it stop?

anyhow, for all your endless posturing and OPINION, you're wrong... and thankfully, people like you are not in charge of the voting...

with another 2-3 solid seasons, Zach will be in the Hall... certainly not first ballot, but he's most definitely Hall material... if James Lofton, Elven Bethea, Billy Shaw and Mel Renfro can make the Hall, Zach will... sorry, as much as you might hate it, and despite your stretch argument that he's responsible for Miami defensive breakdowns in January, he's been that good.... if you dismiss tackles (even though that IS the primary responsibilty of a linebacker) consider 15 INT, 4 touchdowns, 35 passes defensed, countless goalline stops to WIN games (Atlanta, 2001)...

but you know, it not so much that you and i disagree... it's that you're just so smug and obnoxiously confident in everything you spew... 15,000 posts between here and GangGreen.... have you EVER admitted you're wrong?.... do you do anything else with your sunny day?

Do you do anything but follow my posts? I was answering a post directe dtowards me. Zach is not a HOFer and as much as you dismiss it the failures of january are a big reason why he and taylor will not make it. Those 2 guys were the leaders and faces of that D and I don't have #s on Zach but Taylor has 0 or 1 sacks in all of his playoff games. You are right they do let some people in that should not be in but my hope is that they correct that in the future. Zach has always been a good to very good player but never great. He is alot like Curtis Martin is only he plays D obviously. The reason Curtis gets in and Zach does not is b/c Curtis is the #4 all time leading rusher and has done something only 1 other peson has done and that's rush for 1,000 in each of his 1st 10 years. He has some records you can bank on to get him in while Zach does not and Curtis helped NE get to a SB and helped to turn around the Jets and at least get close to a SB while Zach has never even come close to an AFC Championship Game.

nyjunc said:
Do you do anything but follow my posts? I was answering a post directe dtowards me. Zach is not a HOFer and as much as you dismiss it the failures of january are a big reason why he and taylor will not make it. Those 2 guys were the leaders and faces of that D and I don't have #s on Zach but Taylor has 0 or 1 sacks in all of his playoff games. You are right they do let some people in that should not be in but my hope is that they correct that in the future. Zach has always been a good to very good player but never great. He is alot like Curtis Martin is only he plays D obviously. The reason Curtis gets in and Zach does not is b/c Curtis is the #4 all time leading rusher and has done something only 1 other peson has done and that's rush for 1,000 in each of his 1st 10 years. He has some records you can bank on to get him in while Zach does not and Curtis helped NE get to a SB and helped to turn around the Jets and at least get close to a SB while Zach has never even come close to an AFC Championship Game.

came within a game... twice... too bad the criteria for getting in isn't determined by YOU.... but then, you're the best...

PressCoverage said:
came within a game... twice... too bad the criteria for getting in isn't determined by YOU.... but then, you're the best...

came w/in a game twice of what? The AFC Title Game? yes you were w/in a game(it was 3 times not twice) BUt you were blown out in each game, you were never in any of those games by halftime so in reality you were not close.

let's just agree to disagree then... as you mentioned two pages ago... perhaps you'll really let it die this time... you'll never admit you're wrong.... because, well, you're a jets fan... and you know everything...

PressCoverage said:
let's just agree to disagree then... as you mentioned two pages ago... perhaps you'll really let it die this time... you'll never admit you're wrong.... because, well, you're a jets fan... and you know everything...

I will always admit when I am wrong, when Zach goes into the Hall I'll adit I was wrong. If Zach plays great all year I will admit I was wrong but I don't think I am at this moment.

WoW the whole Vilma is better then Zach thing is completely laughable. i just cant beleive you would even put yourself out there like that....thats rediculous

DolphinDevil28 said:
You know who cares even less about this?

Zach Thomas.

thats so true, he cares less what the media thinks, as long as he dose his job and plays good thats all he cares about

nyjunc said:

First off, when did I ever try to compare Zach to those two greats and second when did I say he was a future HOFer??

I never did neither, but what I have said is Zach is a great linebacker and he is and you still continue to shortchange him as a football player, don't say your not either because this is what you said about him earlier in this thread:

Give me a break, he is not now and has never been close to ray lewis and he is nowhere near ray at this moment although ray himself has slipped a bit.

But when it comes to Vilma, all of a sudden your willing to put a kid just off his rookie year in the same class as Lewis with this post:

Off the top of my head I can name 5 better RIGHT NOW(not 5 years ago, not syaing these guys are better than Zach ever was but if I'm selecting now...)- Lewis, Vilma, Urlacher, Brooking, Morgan.

How on earth is Vilma in the same class as Lewis, but yet Thomas is no where near it??

First off, when did I ever try to compare Zach to those two greats and second when did I say he was a future HOFer??

You said he was "great" and "great" is what Ray Lewis has been and what Singletary was.

But when it comes to Vilma, all of a sudden your willing to put a kid just off his rookie year in the same class as Lewis with this post:

I didn't put him in the same class as a player, just put him in a group that I would say is better than Zach at this point. Even though Ray has slipped a bit Vilma has a long way to get to Ray territory.

Back
Top Bottom