Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed

In ZACH I believe...this guy has never steered the Phins wrong...if he said it ...I AM ALL IN!!

The consensus seems to be that our #12 pick is just too high for him. But what if we asked for Sheffler and Marshall for our #12. Would you guys be ok with that if this were on the table?

That would be as close as we would get to robbing another NFL team.

I didn't. Randy Moss would have been **** on the 2007 team. He plays well when things are going his way and they're winning. The minute it stops, he chumps out like he did last season.

Just playing Devils Advocate here, but the same year New England wasted a 4th round pick on Moss we wasted a 1st on Ted Ginn. You claim Moss chumped out for 1250yds and 13tds, while Ginn had 450 and 1 td. Did I mention Ginn had a impressive 1.3 yac.

As soon as he becomes a GM on any team I will take him serious.
As of now, right or wrong, his opinion is about as equal to my opinion!

Guess we are now seeing the effects of all Zach's concussion's!

what's taking so long to get Marshall.. Let me think. A 25 year old star or a unproven rookie.. Bill get this done.. We need him. I will be pissed if we don't do this. We need a star on offence. I love Ronnie but he gets hurt to much. We would of been a playoff team if we had Marshall last year. So a #1 pick is worth it. Why pay alot of money anyway for someone the never played NFL football. Marshall proved he,s a star.. Grow up bill and get him here. There is nothing to think about. This is simple..

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-thomas-trade-12th-pick-for-brandon-marshall/

Interesting perspective from a veteran player!

I'd give up a 1st in 2011 but some think (Sirius Radio) if you wait until after April 15th when the tender is off you could negoiate a better deal.

I've usually wanted to stay away from this guy but for some reason (Henne's developement, makes everyone else better, great run blocker, threat to score from everywhere on the field, will draw a constant double team etc...) I think this is a move we would not regret. He puts our offense into potentially elite company (we really need to get a true threat at TE aswell) and as long as M.Nolan can improve our defense nobody will want to face us in the playoffs for years to come.

The FO needs to remember this is a PASSING LEAGUE now. We NEED (not want, NEED) a true #1 wide receiver to really be effective on offense against the best teams. Marshall would be a great fit. Like Thomas said, it's all about the money with him. Give BM the big payday and he will ball his heart out for the Dolphins (and it would only cost us our #1 for a player better than any we could pick at that spot).

Actually, it probably started in 2007 when Zach said that "this draft class (Cameron and Muellers) was the best draft class he had ever seen as a Dolphin."

Well I guess that answer's the questions about Zach as a scout, gm or coach.

what's taking so long to get Marshall.. Let me think. A 25 year old star or a unproven rookie.. Bill get this done.. We need him. I will be pissed if we don't do this. We need a star on offence. I love Ronnie but he gets hurt to much. We would of been a playoff team if we had Marshall last year. So a #1 pick is worth it. Why pay alot of money anyway for someone the never played NFL football. Marshall proved he,s a star.. Grow up bill and get him here. There is nothing to think about. This is simple..

This statement is quite ironic, considering this is exactly what you should be saying to Marshall.

Marshall doesn't need to be signed. We don't need a team cancer, and that is what Marshall is at this point in his career. Hopefully he will grow up and understand he isn't bigger than a team, but until then, I wouldn't touch him with a 100 foot pole.

He's just what we need, a guy that is (in Zach's own words) "all about the money". Signing him to a contract extension should be a piece of cake. Then, as soon as another receiver in the league signs a contract paying more than his does (you know Marshall will want to be the highest paid WR in the league), he'll pout and kick footballs in practice until the Fins re-do his contract to make him the highest paid again. Sounds like fun.

Back
Top Bottom