Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed

ZACH THOMAS along with jason taylor and sam maddison and patrick surtain
were all victims of the past regimes who REFUSED to bring in playmakers on
offense and stick with the 3 yard and a cloud of dust mentality. he obviously
doesnt want to see it happen to this current team.

throw in expecting there defense to hold people under 17 points a game every
week and you can see his wisdom. those players held it together for a long,
long time knowing pretty much at the start of every season they would have
to carry the team because again, NO PLAYMAKERS were brought in. i dont
know how they did it for a long as they did, missing the playoffs year after
year after year and be expected to shut down every offense, every week!

yeah! zach is dead on the money. we should have already shipped #12 off
to denver. dominant big time playmakers dont come available every day. and
to have a guy like BM available for only a 1st rounder is even more unheard of!!

he is NOT 35, he is 25. LOTS of years left and worth the pic and the money.

[yeah, yeah, i know. zach is washed up. to many concusions, etc.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
dude offense was just as much part of the problem last year as defense.

we had 4 games we scored over 30. 8 times we scored 23 or less.

henne had 150 attempts in the last four games. mostly because we were trailing in them. a 300 yard passing game by the qb, does not mean we don't have serious issues at the WR position.

we had two rookie cb's last year. they will probably show some progress.
dansby upgrades the LB group. it needs more work as well, and a safety.

NT will certainly be addressed. what makes you think that by signing marshall we somehow are forced to abandon upgrading the defensive problems.
Well there you go. You just answered my question yourself in that defense needs to be addressed and that the 1st pick should be used on defense, not Brandon "one incident away from yearlong suspension" Marshall.

How does acquiring Marshall prevent us from filling other needs? We certainly can`t fill them all with 1 draft pick.

My proposal is for our 2011 1st to go for BM, thus allowing us to get E.Thomas FS in the 1st, C.Thomas NT in the 2nd and best available OLB in the 3rd. Even if we traded this years first we still can fill two other needs and we don`t trade for Marshall we still need to use a draft pick on a WR.

So I really don`t get this arguement. I understand your hatred for BM so you don`t want him on our team, I can respect that. I don`t understand how it stops us from filling the other needs though.
It doesn't. I simply stated if he's worried about losing 9 games again, he better hope we address NT, OLB, and FS before WR. Umm, a 2011 1st rounder would be even worse. A lot worse actually. Not only is the talent in 2011 much greater than this year, but it's possibly the best WR class of all time. Not to mention when Marshall is suspended, that doesn't fill a need at all now does it?

It doesn't. I simply stated if he's worried about losing 9 games again, he better hope we address NT, OLB, and FS before WR. Umm, a 2011 1st rounder would be even worse. A lot worse actually. Not only is the talent in 2011 much greater than this year, but it's possibly the best WR class of all time. Not to mention when Marshall is suspended, that doesn't fill a need at all now does it?

Your assuming alot aren't you? Every year I hear that next years draft is going to be alot better. How do you know the WR we select who then may take 2/3 years before he makes an impact actually will turn out to be any good? You know what you have in BM talent wise and I understand the concern about his personal life but to just assume we'll get a high end WR next year is absurbed.

Well there you go. You just answered my question yourself in that defense needs to be addressed and that the 1st pick should be used on defense, not Brandon "one incident away from yearlong suspension" Marshall.

I shake my head sometimes when i see people talking about we should worry about defense defense defense , offense scores td's which we lacked last year we need a playmaker bottom line BM is the best reciever we could get right now forget drafting a reciever BM is already proven we have 2nd string 3rd string and even 4 and 5 th stringers all we would need is a number 1 and our offense is set we wouldnt need to do no more on offense , i totally agree that we need to address our D but we should address the wr position with BM because time is running out hes the best reciever thats out their that we could get right now bottom line, every1 is saying oh hes going to get suspended i highly doubt he will get in any more trouble this is his career we are talking about hes done with all the fussing and problems all he wants now is a classy organization who can bring the best out of him and he wants to be paid like the elite which he is not he would be happy with 7 or 8 million a year its more then what hes making now i just say we need to make a move on him and our offense would be set for a couple more years and we could draft defense the rest of the way thats just my opinion and i bet alot of people agree, almost every dolphin fan wants BM on our team . So taking a chance on a guy like BM is worth it he will make our offense a whole lot better and make Henne a whole lot better.:hi5:

I just don't get who you people think we're going to draft to IMMEDIATELY help the passing game. If most receivers take a couple years to develop, that means we're looking at the same guys starting again. The same guys who couldn't create separation, the same guys who combined for 1 TD through the first half of the season, the same guys who never make the big play.

But it's fine, as long as we don't add a Pro Bowl WR because of some media-exaggerated off the field problems. Give me a ****ing break. Sometimes I wonder if some of you even care about WINNING. Let's just field the team of choir boys and continue to watch other teams win playoff games.

I start by looking for a guy who isn't one incident away from a yearlong suspension, and isn't stupid enough to have that incident...

I love ya bro so no offense, but your sig and screen name endorse a player that is one incident away from a lifetime ban. (Assuming R&R stands for Ricky and Ronnie.)

We have a few guys that are one incident away from watching games on TV, I'm not sure how Marshall is any worst than any of them.

What is that quote they use up in Chicago for the cubs??

Always next year.....hmm...they have been saying that for over 100 years...

Too bad that has no meaning as a rebuttal to my comment. Also, the Cubs suck.

It is one of the more helpless feelings in the NFL.

There you are. An isolated, beaten cornerback sprawled out, face first, on the field. You have a mouth full of dirt and grass. Your hands are grasping nothing but air. You have divots from Brandon Marshall's speeding cleats firing back into your eyes.

Terrifying thought.

It's happened dozens of time since 2006 and it's bound to happen hundreds more times to earnest but unfortunate defensive backs. It should be referred to as "being Marshalled."

Indeed, having Denver Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall break a would-be tackle and rumble down the field for more yardage or even a touchdown is a common phenomenon in the NFL. It happens several times a Sunday.
"Brandon Marshall is a defensive lineman playing wide receiver," Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers said. "He wants to inflict punishment on you. He wants you to try to tackle him so he can shove you off of him and get more yards."

At 6-5 and 230 pounds, the sculpted Marshall has many things going for him that contribute to his uncanny talent of being able to break tackles and get yardage after the catch.

Not only is Marshall big, but he's very fast and he plays mean. He plays with a purpose. Catching the ball is just half the deal for Marshall. Once he gets the ball in his mitts, Marshall is full steam ahead. He is all moving parts, with three or four defenders hanging on him.

Be the first to meet a football-toting Marshall and be sure to be bruised and battered. And don't expect to bring him down. Not by yourself, at least. tell me this doesn't sound like a BP guy

Personally I'm not sure what the best thing is to do, I like Marshall and I think he and Henne would score some beautiful td's but I also believe in the draft and producing young talent. The thing that is going to upset me is that if we do end up drafting Dez and that is a big IF, we could of had a proven game changing wr if not the best in the nfl. I now Marshall has some issues but we know nothing about Dez, he could be a bust. A guy mentioned earlier about the qb swap with denver and chicago, look at cutler now. I think that the front office is so ****y and arrogant that they believe all of their picks will work and they won't trade them away.

I just don't get who you people think we're going to draft to IMMEDIATELY help the passing game. If most receivers take a couple years to develop, that means we're looking at the same guys starting again. The same guys who couldn't create separation, the same guys who combined for 1 TD through the first half of the season, the same guys who never make the big play.

But it's fine, as long as we don't add a Pro Bowl WR because of some media-exaggerated off the field problems. Give me a ****ing break. Sometimes I wonder if some of you even care about WINNING. Let's just field the team of choir boys and continue to watch other teams win playoff games.

FINNS2000: couldnt have said it any better. its a new nfl! its a new mentality!

its a passing leauge and the rules are set up for it. all the run first and at all costs
mentality gets you is a hi first round pic in every draft and it costs your team a
lot of games!!

8 td's for a whole season and so many think we are just fine, that its not a concern.

naaaawww, we need to select a 4-3 DT and try and turn him into a NT at the #12
over all spot. thats the ticket!! that will get the points on the board!!

sheeesh.

WE NEED MARSHALL. He will instantly make our team better, Trade next years first and still be able to have this years 1st to draft FS, NT, OLB. So our needs will still be filled and we'll get a #1 WR.

I say trade next year first and this year 6th for marshall
Then trade ginn and thigpen for 2 of browns 5th rounds
That gives us a need at reciever and 2 5th round picks..
We will also be able to trade down if we like.
So since we would have Marshall then we go towards defence in draft and we will be a contendor Now!!!

Back
Top Bottom