Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

I think Zimmer will get job for wrong reasons but i like the hire if it happens

Damn, always a down side with you. Debbie Downer award winner speaks.

Cup half full? or in your case, Half Empty?

Encouraged by the news (rumors), trying not to get my hopes up though in case its not true! Really rooting for Zimmer!

I like Zimmer, but if he's hired there's a very good chance Daboll comes back to run the offense. Which I dislike.

Damn, always a down side with you. Debbie Downer award winner speaks.

Cup half full? or in your case, Half Empty?

I guess you missed the last three losing seasons under this regime lol. I said I thought it was a good hire I just dont think it will be because of anything other than Ireland has worked with him.

Remember all the people that said harbaugh would suck with the niners hmm mighty quiet now

zimmer is a perfect fit, love his emotion, seen a lot of him on HBO, and almost lost it when his wife died suddenly when they told the story, like bowles staying as def guy

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

maybe they keep daboll, they were doing better as the season went on

I like Zimmer, of course with him being a defensive coach my question would be what will his offensive mentality be?
hopefully not this

504742T-1.jpg

With all due respect Fox you are the one starting crap by stating this.

Its common knowledge around the league, not just here in Miami, that we have a constant Dallas castoff connection. I don't think that any poster being concerned over ANOTHER ex-Dallas employee joining the ranks (yet again) is starting anything. They are just being a concerned fan over the issue.

With that said, I don't have a problem with Zimmer due to his body of work. Unfortunately I will remain reserved as many other fans do over the ex-Dallas connection, yet again. However, I also realize that Ross has pegged Ireland for better or worse and if your going to follow this organization for the foreseeable future, your going to have to stomach Ireland. If that's the case, then you need to get people in here that can work with him and if the guy feels more comfortable hiring ex-Dallas employee's then that's his choice to make.

We have a better chance of success right now if people can work together for whatever the reason may be rather than have conflicting opinions ruin chemistry and/or bring about tension and stress which can rip us apart and keep us in this death spiral.

So if Zimmer is the man then so be it. I just hope he understands who he will be working for and that he wears a kevlar vest with an emphasis on his back because Ireland will be roaming around one day with that knife.

If reports are to believed, (I know, a big IF) then Ross is the one doing the hiring. It would be ignorant to think Ireland has no influence in it, we know Ross thinks the world of him, but IF Ross is doing the hiring, he will probably also lean on Peterson and go with the one he thinks, in the end, is the best candidate. Either way, the reason doesn't matter to me if you believe he's the best candidate. Personally, I believe he is, but to each their own.

zimmer is a perfect fit, love his emotion, seen a lot of him on HBO, and almost lost it when his wife died suddenly when they told the story, like bowles staying as def guy

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

maybe they keep daboll, they were doing better as the season went on
hue jackson was OC in atlanta while zimmer was the DC there. possibility maybe

I like Zimmer, of course with him being a defensive coach my question would be what will his offensive mentality be?

Being a defensive coach in my opinion means little considering there are a number of defensive coaches who have gone on to lead great offenses. It will be interesting to see what his philosophies on offense are. Given how important Ross thinks the QB position is, I have to believe Ross must have liked whatever offensive plan he gave him.

Toub is my first choice for a few reasons, but Zimmer is my second choice. My only worry with Zimmer is that his style will grate on players and front office team members and wear thin.

Hue Jackson/Bowles is probably a better staff than Toub would assemble though, so there's that element to the equation.

Just want a guy who understands the importance of getting a QB.

Toub is my first choice for a few reasons, but Zimmer is my second choice. My only worry with Zimmer is that his style will grate on players and front office team members and wear thin.

Hue Jackson/Bowles is probably a better staff than Toub would assemble though, so there's that element to the equation.

Just want a guy who understands the importance of getting a QB.

Well with Toub he understands the importance of drafting special teams quite high. probably not a good thing overall but makes your special teams damn good

Back
Top Bottom