Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

Ireland was in on choosing him last year. If Ireland's still running the show and the new HC isn't an offensive mind then why remove him?

Because the head coach hires the staff, not the GM. Zimmer and Daboll do not have a previous relationship. The lead candidate for offensive coordinator if Zimmer gets the job has to be Hue Jackson.

Well with Toub he understands the importance of drafting special teams quite high. probably not a good thing overall but makes your special teams damn good

Has Toub ever drafted special teams players highly? I was under the impression he took the players he was given and molded them into a unit rather than actually picking the players, but maybe that's just me.

I doubt Toub was even consulted on draft picks, and if he was, it wouldn't be until later rounds on players he identified as possible contributors.

Unfortunately, Belichick isn't walking through the door, and the Phins are going to have to choose between the candidates available, and since all are going to be unknowns for various reasons, Miami is going to have to choose the one right for them for their own reasons.

As for the hiring process, and hiring players he knows, of course he does that. I'm a hiring manager, and I hire the best person and best fit for my open positions, but when I'm hiring a new manager, I'm going to hire the person I have the best feel for. It doesn't mean it has to be a person I knew previously, but it sure gives them a nice head start. I know them already. I know what they're about. I'm comfortable with them.

That can be overcome by a great interview, but unknowns start out behind.

Has Toub ever drafted special teams players highly? I was under the impression he took the players he was given and molded them into a unit rather than actually picking the players, but maybe that's just me.

I doubt Toub was even consulted on draft picks, and if he was, it wouldn't be until later rounds on players he identified as possible contributors.

Unfortunately, Belichick isn't walking through the door, and the Phins are going to have to choose between the candidates available, and since all are going to be unknowns for various reasons, Miami is going to have to choose the one right for them for their own reasons.

As for the hiring process, and hiring players he knows, of course he does that. I'm a hiring manager, and I hire the best person and best fit for my open positions, but when I'm hiring a new manager, I'm going to hire the person I have the best feel for. It doesn't mean it has to be a person I knew previously, but it sure gives them a nice head start. I know them already. I know what they're about. I'm comfortable with them.

That can be overcome by a great interview, but unknowns start out behind.

Im pretty sure he had some input on taking Devin Hester

Im pretty sure he had some input on taking Devin Hester

A few things:

What makes you think that?

That pick has turned into one of better value picks in past ten years. So, if he did, that's a positive for me.

A few things:

What makes you think that?

That pick has turned into one of better value picks in past ten years. So, if he did, that's a positive for me.

Never said it was good or bad, but Im pretty sure people on staff get to have some input and hester was a special teams player first and foremost

Yep. The right guy. I'm not hiding from your question, all my posts have been for Billick. But it certainly looks like that will never happen under Ross.

It's pretty apparent that Billick is not going to happen, but he'd be my first choice among those available. He's at least a known entity as a HC with top tier success on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. There are good candidates with varied background that we've interviewed, but none I am overly excited about. You never know what will happen.

As a Yankee fan, I recall blowing a gasket when they hired Joe Torre in the mid-90's after 15 years of not winning a thing. He had very limited success up to that point. NY Post covered the back page with the headline "Clueless Joe". Well we all know how that turned out.

So I'll remain cautiously optimistic....until they prove otherwise...or we pick a RT in the first round..... whichever comes first.

That was true of Sparano. They continued to play hard for him all the way till the end. If they didn't care about Sparano this team would have quit on him a long time ago.

Whether the defense loves playing for him or not is an overvalued, overstated aspect of a coach. Tom Coughlin has been known as a militant guy, hard nosed and at times very difficult to get along with...and he's won a super bowl and now he's headed to another NFC championship game.

His players love him though. I hear them say all the time after games, we take on our coaches personality. I don't think they mean it as a insult.

Hue Jackson went a little bit off the grid in his last few days in Oakland. When you are trying to strike the right balance chemistry-wise on your new staff, you have to take that into account.

I guess you missed the last three losing seasons under this regime lol. I said I thought it was a good hire I just dont think it will be because of anything other than Ireland has worked with him.

Remember all the people that said harbaugh would suck with the niners hmm mighty quiet now

Stop it, you have been this way the 15 years I've been reading your posts on Dolphin mboards. I have never seen you post anything positive about the Phins, not once. There's always a negative slant with you.

Back
Top Bottom