Zim’s Grades for the Game: Game 13 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades for the Game: Game 13 Edition

Coaching and Front Office - D

Disagree with this one
My reasoning for the D is the play calling on O in the first half. A little too conservative. We have to figure out a way to start off faster. The defense on the final drive perplexed me to no end. You have to gamble there. Also, why not double Kelce more?

I do love how Flores has this team fighting though. To me, Flores is coach of the year.

I gotta disagree for the coach grade also. That 13 yards off would be more on the d coordinator wouldn't it? That one was a head scratcher but overall the coaches put our boys in a great position to make the plays they made. 3 sacks and 3 picks?? Are you kidding me!! Thats nuts! No other team has done that to them. They kept the fight alive in the team and the score was close even with all of the crazy injuries. I give the coaches a B+ easily. The missed A because of the play at the end with 15 yards off the receivers on the 4th and 1

Don't get too upset, The great Zimm is just a normal guy like you and me. His opinion is as worthless as anyone's. Be at peace knowing the team is clearly moving in the right direction. Even a loss can be a step in the right direction.
No argument there. My opinion is definitely as worthless as anyone’s.

Agree on the coaching, the corners playing off just ruined the entire effort. Just imagine if the winless Jets had made that call in our position. It just made so little sense if we were in a different position in the standings people would assume we were trying to lose. I understand why we didn't shut down Kelce...KC is about 5 deep in game breaking talent. You can't just cover one or two guys and call it a day. Just because Mahomes prefers Kelce and Hill doesn't mean that Watkins and Mecole Hardman aren't more talented than all our receivers combined (ok, I kid...a little).

I gotta disagree for the coach grade also. That 13 yards off would be more on the d coordinator wouldn't it? That one was a head scratcher but overall the coaches put our boys in a great position to make the plays they made. They kept the fight alive in the team and the score was close even with all of the crazy injuries. I give the coaches a B+ easily. The missed A because of the play at the end with 15 yards off the receivers on the 4th and 1
I can see the argument there. It was a tough call for me.

I think you're being a little hard on Flores, the team was all over Kelce, most of his catches were amazing plays against good coverage, and the defensive strategy was top notch. We didn't execute on offense and our skill position players didn't make plays, that's really what ended up killing us. Other than that, we played an A+ game.

Agree on the coaching, the corners playing off just ruined the entire effort. Just imagine if the winless Jets had made that call in our position. It just made so little sense if we were in a different position in the standings people would assume we were trying to lose. I understand why we didn't shut down Kelce...KC is about 5 deep in game breaking talent. You can't just cover one or two guys and call it a day. Just because Mahomes prefers Kelce and Hill doesn't mean that Watkins and Mecole Hardman aren't more talented than all our receivers combined (ok, I kid...a little).
Aren't the coordinators part of the coaching staff? Also, even if Flores isn't making any play calls on D, he still should have said something after the first time, if he felt it was the wrong call.

I can see the argument there. It was a tough call for me.
I edited it but it was too late, you already quoted. I added 3 picks and 3 sacks!! No other team has yet to do that to them this year, im willing to bet ever but I haven't looked so I'm not sure

Aren't the coordinators part of the coaching staff? Also, even if Flores isn't making any play calls on D, he still should have said something after the first time, if he felt it was the wrong call.
Exactly this.

The holding by Kansas City was nuts. On the replays you can clearly see offensive lineman grabbing hold of Miami defenders uniform by the neck area. No calls. They got away with a lot today.

None as blatant as the take down on the gunner that help result in a TD...no call!

Exactly this.
I'm sure its something they will address this week. But you still have to worry about getting beat over the top with these guys. Hill killed us on a couple plays and really thats all it took. Its a double edged sword, your play press and chance getting beat over the top or you play back and try to keep the play in front of you. I myself would of played the press or even better, I would have played that crazy amoeba and went after him. Forced him to beat me over the top because he was off with the pressure he was facing. You cant throw perfect all the time with pressure

I've got no idea who made call. As far as I know Flores is the most responsible there.

Very disturbed by the game losing playcalls.

Back
Top Bottom