Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1

Just finished watching the game.

Matt Skura should start over Deiter in the next game. At least he stayed in his feet and was able to tie up the rushers.
Lynn Bowden showed some nice moves. I think he stays on the team.
The return game was quite good. Grant was shifty.
The 2nd string ILB are a long way from starting material. We need Vince Biegel back asap in only for depth.
I'd like to see Trill Williams get more playing time. Igbo wasn't too bad, a couple of nice pass breakups and a tackle that stopped a 1st down.
Holland looks the goods. Wilkins was dominating. Needham was very good.

Overall it was a decent display in the 1st 1/4, but as to be expected, once the backups came in, it got messy.
Looking forward to seeing what the Falcons game brings.

For first preseason games... I thought they played all right as team..still lot work to do before opening games...

Not sure if it had been posted and don't kill the messenger but PFF grades for the OL were as follows....(per tweet from PFF_Ryan Smith)

Matt Skura 81.5
Jesse Davis 81.3
Robert Hunt 75.0
Soloman Kindley 45.7
Austin Jackson 31.8
Michael Deiter (77 in pass pro)

Would have been nice to see Eichenberg but hopefully next week.

I don't think Jackson was ever that bad last year so it may just be an anomaly. I missed the start of the game and didn't see who was beating Jackson so badly. Was it Mack and/or Robert Quinn or?

Not sure if it had been posted and don't kill the messenger but PFF grades for the OL were as follows....(per tweet from PFF_Ryan Smith)

Matt Skura 81.5
Jesse Davis 81.3
Robert Hunt 75.0
Soloman Kindley 45.7
Austin Jackson 31.8
Michael Deiter (77 in pass pro)

Would have been nice to see Eichenberg but hopefully next week.

I don't think Jackson was ever that bad last year so it may just be an anomaly. I missed the start of the game and didn't see who was beating Jackson so badly. Was it Mack and/or Robert Quinn or?

My hope is that Jackson might be the type of player that needs game planning and to understand his opponent before performing well. Some guys are like that, knowing the moves the pass rusher tends to use in what situations can definitely give the OT some edge that just playing man on man without real game planning makes impossible.

My hope is that Jackson might be the type of player that needs game planning and to understand his opponent before performing well. Some guys are like that, knowing the moves the pass rusher tends to use in what situations can definitely give the OT some edge that just playing man on man without real game planning makes impossible.
Well, I hope there is a legit excuse but he practiced against that D-line all week. Maybe they figured Jackson out. It's a pretty legit front 7 to begin with...

Just finished watching the game.

Matt Skura should start over Deiter in the next game. At least he stayed in his feet and was able to tie up the rushers.
Lynn Bowden showed some nice moves. I think he stays on the team.
The return game was quite good. Grant was shifty.
The 2nd string ILB are a long way from starting material. We need Vince Biegel back asap in only for depth.
I'd like to see Trill Williams get more playing time. Igbo wasn't too bad, a couple of nice pass breakups and a tackle that stopped a 1st down.
Holland looks the goods. Wilkins was dominating. Needham was very good.

Overall it was a decent display in the 1st 1/4, but as to be expected, once the backups came in, it got messy.
Looking forward to seeing what the Falcons game brings.
Anyone bother to rewatch the game, and concentrate on Dieter, he was a disaster.
Just chalk it up as another on our long list of bust pick,and call it a day.

Anyone bother to rewatch the game, and concentrate on Dieter, he was a disaster.
Just chalk it up as another on our long list of bust pick,and call it a day.

The line allowed zero sacks when Tua was in there

I would not call that a disaster

Work to be done for sure

Disaster???

ROFL!

No sacks. 9-11 passing. He had all day on the throw to Gesicki...

...and it was our first real action, and it took place against one of the better fronts in the NFL.

Disaster?

:BNK::BNK::BNK:

Disaster???

ROFL!

No sacks. 9-11 passing. He had all day on the throw to Gesicki...

...and it was our first real action, and it took place against one of the better fronts in the NFL.

Disaster?

:BNK::BNK::BNK:
Watch his goal line plays.

36% of the 2020 draft will contribute on a regular basis this year….And one of them is a long snapper. The OL is a disaster right now…And Grier used the #18 overall pick on a guy that just scored a 31.8 in the first preseason game going up against a guy we got rid of 3 years ago. Igbo absolutely sucks. I’m not even gonna bring up the 2017 draft. Malcolm Brown needs a seeing eye dog to find any hole….. And you’re saying an F is overreacting? Really? I’m calling it as I see it. Period.
Call it whatever you want. Preseason doesn't mean ****. If this repeats in week 1 or later, I agree wholeheartedly.

OLine will improve as communication improves. Coaching and development matters as much as talent in the NFL. You can say we drafted the wrong person all day, but there's no gaurantee any draft Gem is successful on our team. Guys like Wirfs are successful in their situation but may be as bad or worse on the Miami OL with the revolving door of coaches we've had. PFF grades are 1. Subjective and 2. Individual grades in a sport where the team has to play together to succeed. If you doubt that, look at 49ers OL grade during the game we played them last season (where we wrecked them). 3 of their OL graded out in the 70s or higher in a game where we had 5 sacks and 9 QB hits.

So yeah PFF is fine, but don't act like those grades are gospel and ignore your eyeballs.

Deiter had an ordinary day. Skura should start against the Falcons. Lets not sugarcoat the 9-11, no sacks bit. Deiter was poor

Deiter had an ordinary day. Skura should start against the Falcons. Lets not sugarcoat the 9-11, no sacks bit. Deiter was poor
Dieter had an ordinary day... yes, against some very talented starters... some of the best in the league.

Skura played against the 2nd and 3rd team front.

Back
Top Bottom