Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 3 Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 3 Edition

Perry: I'd cut Grant and give the return job to Perry; he's more valuable in the base offense and more sure handed on both punts and receptions. He bobbled the one pass today, but he did catch it, something that Grant has failed to do on so many occasions. Besides, he is cheaper.

Merritt is the one I wonder about... he looks the part, even though I'm not sure that we need him yet. I think I'd keep him for week one, but when Fuller comes back, then I'd have to consider cutting him and taking our chances on losing him. An injury in week one might open a spot for him... or we might manage to trade Shaheen or Smythe... we could even decide to go with 3 RBs and Perry.

Preston Williams only got a couple of looks, but on the one ball... he had a step on the coverage and Sinnett missed him. If that ball would have been on target, it would have been the best gainer of the day. Tua would have delivered that ball.
You’d think so but again all Preston does is drop passes. No thank you

The only reason Igbo might make the team is because of where he was drafted.
Remember when “we should trade X and plug in Iggy and there will be no meaningful falloff?” I lol’d at it then, I’ll lol at it now and I’ll lol at it indefinitely. That said, Iggy had better become a good player for us because that draft where we had so many picks we didn’t know what to do with all of them (as evidenced by the fact we took a LS at no 6 even though he likely is around to sign post-draft) is starting to make me queasy Joe Philbin style.

Remember when “we should trade X and plug in Iggy and there will be no meaningful falloff?” I lol’d at it then, I’ll lol at it now and I’ll lol at it indefinitely. That said, Iggy had better become a good player for us because that draft where we had so many picks we didn’t know what to do with all of them (as evidenced by the fact we took a LS at no 6 even though he likely is around to sign post-draft) is starting to make me queasy Joe Philbin style.
awesome post so true on every point.

All the picks Grier amassed don't mean much if he keeps picking the wrong players.

Back
Top Bottom