Zim's Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim's Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition

I was also a fan. But, according to what I read, he was a DB his first year of High School, and then QB for the next two years. In college he redshirted his first year at QB, and then played WR after that because he wasn't going to be the starter and wanted to get on the field.
There we go… thanks for chipping in.

I think that affected him… not sure if that stuff would have added the instincts he’s missing, but I imagine more reps, not less, would have been beneficial.

Man, especially since he’s so good at throwing on the run… a little bit of instincts would have gone a long way for him.

Too bad

Can’t argue with your grades. I would still like to see the ILB’s perform better against the run but they did play better in the 2nd half yesterday.
Was that improvement due to game planning and 2nd half corrections, or was it the just the players performance?

I really don’t think Tua was off yesterday, he was efficient. He just likes to make a few bad throws each game. The worst throw yesterday was the one downfield to Hill that was not intercepted. Tua? What the **** were you thinking on that one? Hill didn’t have snowball chance in hell on that one

It seemed t me that Tua was not as "on point" as usual when passing.

I got a funny feeling that because he didn't throw as much, he was not as fully "warmed up", but's that's more of a casual observation than anything else.

I really don’t think Tua was off yesterday, he was efficient. He just likes to make a few bad throws each game. The worst throw yesterday was the one downfield to Hill that was not intercepted. Tua? What the **** were you thinking on that one? Hill didn’t have snowball chance in hell on that one
That was a beautiful ball in a perfect spot to the best receiver in the NFL. But it was well-defended and shouldn't have been thrown given the margin for error.

It seemed t me that Tua was not as "on point" as usual when passing.

I got a funny feeling that because he didn't throw as much, he was not as fully "warmed up", but's that's more of a casual observation than anything else.
I had exactly the same thought. Within a relative small number of plays I think I can tell if Tua's feeling it with his accuracy and touch or if he's just a bit off and there's a higher risk of missing the target and throwing an interception. It's a bit like watching Xander Schauffele (#6 golfer in the world) on the golf course, when it's humming he's near perfect, but sometimes if he's a little bit off, he internalizes it and begins trying too hard.
Mike McDaniel seems to give Tua a lot of encouragement and actively tries to build his self confidence. They seem a very good team. However, if Mike notices that Tua is just a bit off, he probably needs to adjust his play calling and reduce the risk.

Kinda hard to give an RB an A with a fumble lost...but that was a stellar punch-out by the defender, still his fault, but that was a tough hold.

Tua was sharp...even the first INT was thrown accurately...it just shouldn't have been thrown lol. That's part of what comes with an aggressive passer though...I'll take the bad with the good. The other INT is whatever...don't even care about that one.
Go back and watch the play. I can’t remember who was on the ground but there should have been a tripping penalty called.

Can’t argue with your grades. I would still like to see the ILB’s perform better against the run but they did play better in the 2nd half yesterday.
LB play will be the defenses glaring question mark all year. The D will go as far as they do. Long has been solid but Baker is basically a ghost out there

Tua is becoming very aggressive and that brings mostly "good stuff" but will bring the occasional "bad stuff"

Just like Peyton Manning. Not a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom