Zim's Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim's Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition

I really don’t think Tua was off yesterday, he was efficient. He just likes to make a few bad throws each game. The worst throw yesterday was the one downfield to Hill that was not intercepted. Tua? What the **** were you thinking on that one? Hill didn’t have snowball chance in hell on that one
I think we are so used to him being nearly perfect but this is right… he has his whole career made 1-3 WTF throws in almost every game…

But I mean, we’ve been QB starved for years… other than Tom Brady who is robotic, even Aaron Rodgers made 1-2 “weird” throws a game in his prime.

AVG has earned a starter role. Notvsure what more he has to do. He's stood out since week 1.

I think we are so used to him being nearly perfect but this is right… he has his whole career made 1-3 WTF throws in almost every game…

But I mean, we’ve been QB starved for years… other than Tom Brady who is robotic, even Aaron Rodgers made 1-2 “weird” throws a game in his prime.
You watch any other game with any other QB, and there are bad throws. There are degrees of "bad," but they all do it.

Agreed to a point. Great QBs make bad throws but Tua makes some dumb throws. He’s so good, he’s smart it makes you wonder how he has these brain farts

You watch any other game with any other QB, and there are bad throws. There are degrees of "bad," but they all do it.
Yeah that was my point - every QB has really bad throws in a game, even Aaron Rogers.

Well, except Tannehill… cause instead of making bad throws he would just hold the ball til he got sacked.

Agreed to a point. Great QBs make bad throws but Tua makes some dumb throws. He’s so good, he’s smart it makes you wonder how he has these brain farts
Well… I mean, you’d assume a lot of INTs qb’s make are *typically* dumb throws… I mean, even Mahomes has them… difference is Tua does it 75% of his games… which is kinda alarming. Maybe cause he’s short? He’s definitely overly aggressive you could say.

Yeah that was my point - every QB has really bad throws in a game, even Aaron Rogers.

Well, except Tannehill… cause instead of making bad throws he would just hold the ball til he got sacked.
I liked Thill, he wasn’t special but he was a gamer. But it was so painful watching him sit back in that pocket with blinders on

Honestly, I don't know that any of the throws he made against the Giants were "bad" throws...some poor decisions, sure...but I think even those were accurate.

I liked Thill, he wasn’t special but he was a gamer. But it was so painful watching him sit back in that pocket with blinders on
I was a big fan - he got better in every season he played, literally improved one part of his game every season…. Except pocket awareness which was piss poor. I guess that’s what happens when you were a WR your entire life (right?).

Honestly, I don't know that any of the throws he made against the Giants were "bad" throws...some poor decisions, sure...but I think even those were accurate.
I would say there is, to me at least, a distinction between a bad throw and a dumb throw.

That first INT yesterday was a dumb, bonehead throw. It was basically a 10 point swing on one very bad decision.

Do that against a team like the Giants? Meh, we will overcome it most times.

Do that **** against top teams and it will cost you games.

I'm not that worried, as Tua generally learns from mistakes,........ But, he does need to be more situationally aware at times.

Loved the TD to Waddle where Tua got flushed to his left and hit Waddle with a pretty pass on the run.
The pick 6 was Tua never taking his eyes off of Waddle and forcing it into an area he shouldn’t have. I guess his arm got hit on the second int but that was ugly to watch
Offense is turning the ball over too much and defense needs to create more turnovers against better teams.

The pick 6 throw seemed to be poor IMO. He held it a tad too long then tried to force it. The LB should have had the INT honestly. I felt like he and Waddle were not on the same page.

Loved the TD to Waddle where Tua got flushed to his left and hit Waddle with a pretty pass on the run.
The pick 6 was Tua never taking his eyes off of Waddle and forcing it into an area he shouldn’t have. I guess his arm got hit on the second int but that was ugly to watch
Offense is turning the ball over too much and defense needs to create more turnovers against better teams.
100%. Turnover ratio usually is positive for SB teams. This is the single biggest stat that we are not excelling at right now - and it’s super-important.

TBF, TEs weren't targeted, thus, no receptions.
A lot of tackles by the back half.
NYG quite a few big runs in the 1st series or two. After that the D was pretty good.
Overall, agree with he D.
Sloppy ball handling, TT still throwing jump balls to a 5'10" receiver, Mcd still has the occasional too-smart-for-his-own-good play calls.
RBs - need a grade higher than 'A'
Overall, I saw fewer mental errors and better tackling.
maybe if claypool gets acclimated with playbook, some plays will be drawn up for jump ball passes to the 6'4 claypool in the the endzone

I was a big fan - he got better in every season he played, literally improved one part of his game every season…. Except pocket awareness which was piss poor. I guess that’s what happens when you were a WR your entire life (right?).
I was also a fan. But, according to what I read, he was a DB his first year of High School, and then QB for the next two years. In college he redshirted his first year at QB, and then played WR after that because he wasn't going to be the starter and wanted to get on the field.

Back
Top Bottom