#1 Alabama vs. #2 LSU - Game of the Century Part Two | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Alabama vs. #2 LSU - Game of the Century Part Two

Alabama scored 41 and lost.

My god how far has that D fallen

I’ve heard Saban and he’s pretty much thrown in the towel on the old way of playing defense. You can’t win like that anymore. The way you compete for championships now is by scoring a lot and hoping your defense can get just enough stops to allow you to be ahead on the scoreboard when the final whistle blows.

If nobody wants to play that way anymore he can’t either.

It’s not Alabama football and I despise it. But here we are. The game has changed so much, and there’s no looking back.

Gone are the days of 9-6 defensive slugfests. Scoring 20 points on Bama used to be only a once a year occurrence. Now you’re just hoping to hold a team to 20.

I’ve heard Saban and he’s pretty much thrown in the towel on the old way of playing defense. You can’t win like that anymore. The way you compete for championships now is by scoring a lot and hoping your defense can get just enough stops to allow you to be ahead on the scoreboard when the final whistle blows.

It’s not Alabama football and I despise it. But here we are. The game has changed so much, and there’s no looking back.

Gone are the days of 9-6 defensive slugfests. Scoring 20 points on Bama used to be only a once a year occurrence. Now you’re just hoping to hold a team to 20.

Yeah that's true for the most part. I wouldn't say it's impossible now, but it just takes having the perfect players more so than it did years ago. It seems to be a fleeting thing more than a consistent year to year way of playing. The Seahawks had a couple years when the stars aligned but that's over. The stars seen to have aligned for the 9ers but I wouldn't bet on them being that good on defense even next year.

Yeah, it's kinda unfortunate. I blame Peyton and the Colts crying about it after the Pats beat the **** out of them back in 03.

If the Fins miss out on Tua I’m more than fine with Burrow. A great game full of quality NFL talent, headed by the two QBs.

If the Fins miss out on Tua I’m more than fine with Burrow. A great game full of quality NFL talent, headed by the two QBs.

Yeah I'm still hoping for Tua but Burrow did a lot yesterday to make me feel better about him as a consolation prize.

Reactions: MD
Najee Harris really impressed, very similar to Todd Gurley, powerful and shifty. And his catching ability is really impressive. That's a target in the draft for sure.

Tua didn’t play Vanderbilt, Joe Burrow did.
You're right...

They didn't play Vanderbilt. They played New Mexico State...bravo!!!

That really got the Alabama Low Tide in shape for that beatdown they gave your bums. Now if only Georgia can beat LSU and get Bama out of the playoff picture entirely, we'd only have to listen to your petty rage posts. That's after you cut and paste some more stolen material.

The Alabama Low Tide may have scheduled the Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champs. Unfortunately, or fortunately, those bums went 4-8 this season. Probably all due to your scouting reports.

[edited by moderator P4E)

Last edited by a moderator:

If you’re a dolphins fan, are you happy with burrow at #2 if Tua is gone at 1 now?

I’m good with either Joe or Tua...thanks Judy with all that help you gave.....yea..receivers really made Tua yesterday

Reactions: MD
Back
Top Bottom